+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: The end of May.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    A) no-one put a gun to her head and made her become PM, and B) no-one put a gun to her head and made her throw away her majority in a stupid general election that no-one apart from herself and some crazed advisers actually wanted. Had she stuck with the majority Cameron won in 2016, she wouldn't have needed the support of the DUP muppets.
    I already said that. Except for the bit about the muppets.

She got to be PM and in a while she'll get kicked upstairs as Baroness whatever. Worse things happen at sea.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I already said that. Except for the bit about the muppets.
    Great minds thinking alike, or fools seldom differing?

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    How about Grant Shapps? An even bigger clown than Johnson and that takes some doing. He'd sink the whole party in no time!
    Luckily he's 200/1!

https://m.skybet.com/politics/conser...event/19504214

Boris clear favourite. Think I'd take him over Gove or Hunt. To be fair, the Conservatives could make Bungle from Rainbow their leader and I still wouldn't vote for Corbyn...
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

And yes, the vanity election of 2016 was probably May's undoing.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Martin.

She's not leaving much of a legacy. Her whole time totally was overshadowed by Brexit and she accomplished nothing except to lose her majority. Compared to Thatcher that's just a blip in history. She'll be the obscure answer to a question on University Challenge in 2092. Or maybe on Eggheads. That's probably rankling with her a bit I suspect.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    Luckily he's 200/1!

https://m.skybet.com/politics/conser...event/19504214

Boris clear favourite. Think I'd take him over Gove or Hunt. To be fair, the Conservatives could make Bungle from Rainbow their leader and I still wouldn't vote for Corbyn...
    I wouldn't vote for any of the self-serving, waste-of-space fuckers. There's only one girl for me, but unfortunately I no longer live in Scotland:

So during general elections, my 'protest' vote goes to her compatriot Leanne Wood.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Martin.

And she was good in The Krankies too.

Current Lash Up:

I'm Patrick.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I don't know. I'm more inclined to think that what we are seeing is simply the world's oldest and most successful system of government in action. It just happens to look like it's a shambles.
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    The only thing that held her back from becoming PM in her day was that she was Catholic.... And in Britain, there's about as much chance of a Catholic becoming PM, as there is Queen!
    She wasn't a Catholic ... she only became a Catholic because she wouldn't accept women priests! That's just how 21C she is ...

I'm Geoff.

Boris clear favourite. Think I'd take him over Gove or Hunt.
    Every time I see Gove, I think of Heinrich Himmler.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Patrick.

To be fair, the Conservatives could make Bungle from Rainbow their leader and I still wouldn't vote for Corbyn...
    You actually could vote for neither of them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast