+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The end of May.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    A no deal without an Act of Parliament authorising Brexit would be unconstitutional. The fall back in law is for brexit to lapse.
    Fair point. That's why at some point they will have to vote for some form of 'Brexit'.

Hey I'm on record here as saying even before the referendum that if we did vote out (which seemed unlikely at the time) we would never actually leave in reality. It just takes a lot of time for due process to grind its way to that point.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Patrick.

Good riddance to May but I am worried about what comes next. It would be nice if was just June and then July but suspect it might be something much worse beginning with a J.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I think we should toss a coin to decide it.
    If only it were that trivial ...

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Dixon View Post
    Good riddance to May but I am worried about what comes next. It would be nice if was just June and then July but suspect it might be something much worse beginning with a J.

If only it were that trivial ...
    What, Jimmy Krankie? That's got to be an improvement. In fact it would be fandabidosie.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    The government have allowed the whole thing to become an embarrassing shambles. !
    I don't know. I'm more inclined to think that what we are seeing is simply the world's oldest and most successful system of government in action. It just happens to look like it's a shambles.
    Current Lash Up:

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

I feel sorry for Teresa to be honest... it was always going to be a shit job, and with most of the muppets in her party and labour fannying around (at best) she was never going to succeed but she gave it a good go. I voted remain in the referendum, but am not a remoaner and respect the democratic result. You could argue people didn’t know what they were voting for, but how many times have you ever read every party’s manifesto in detail before voting in a general election? (I did once, never again!).

I predict the results of the European election will be a massive win for Farage and his Brexit party. Not because the electorate wants a no deal Brexit but because they’re just sick to the back teeth of it all. And any new Conservative leader is in cloud cuckoo land if they think they are going to get a better deal from the EU. I really do hope it isn’t Boris, who’s a buffoon IMHO, but who else? And if a general election follows soon i’m not sure I would vote for any of the clowns.

Marco’s right - “viva la revolution”
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Martin.

I think it will be Boris. Don't kid yourself he is a buffoon though. All an act. My cousin knows him. I don't think she has much in common with him politically but she says he's as sharp as a tack.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    I feel sorry for Teresa to be honest... it was always going to be a shit job, and with most of the muppets in her party and labour fannying around (at best) she was never going to succeed but she gave it a good go.
    A) no-one put a gun to her head and made her become PM, and B) no-one put a gun to her head and made her throw away her majority in a stupid general election that no-one apart from herself and some crazed advisers actually wanted. Had she stuck with the majority Cameron won in 2016, she wouldn't have needed the support of the DUP muppets.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    I really do hope it isn’t Boris, who’s a buffoon IMHO, but who else? And if a general election follows soon i’m not sure I would vote for any of the clowns.
    How about Grant Shapps? An even bigger clown than Johnson and that takes some doing. He'd sink the whole party in no time!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Pity Ann Widdecome left the Tories and joined the Brexit Party, as for me the old boot talks a lot of sense. She'd have been the perfect leader, as she's confident, strong-minded and has great leadership qualities/conviction in her opinions, plus sound old-fashioned values, and for me would've made a great PM - even though I'm far from a Tory.

The only thing that held her back from becoming PM in her day was that she was Catholic.... And in Britain, there's about as much chance of a Catholic becoming PM, as there is Queen!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    How about Grant Shapps? An even bigger clown than Johnson and that takes some doing. He'd sink the whole party in no time!
    Vote Boris, then!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast