+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello from Germany

I'm Rainer.

Default Hello from Germany

Hello from Lippstadt - Germany

Well, I've been a member here for over 1 1/2 years, have read along again and again,
    but haven't written anything yet. I wanted to get to know the flair of the community.

Lippstadt is a small but very nice town in northern Germany. Not far away from Dortmund.

Well, what drives me? 14 years ago I returned to the analogue world, to vinyl.
    Since then I have been fascinated by mass drives and linear tracking tonearms.

As an engineer of precision engineering, I developed actively controlled tangential tonearms
    and now build them in very small series - by order.
    I also build various high-end mass drives with magnetic bearings and not as least various drive units,
    e.g. as a replacement motor unit for Micro Seiki RX-1500 or RX-5000.

All our products carry the brand name Dereneville. The explanation is very simple:
    it is the name of my lovely wife who stands behind me and inspires me every day.

It gives me great pleasure to accept and master challenges. I work together with two good friends.
    One is a graduate engineer in communications engineering and the other is a well-known
    natural scientist Dr. rer. nat. from Cern in Switzerland. Both work in the automotive industry
    in software and hardware development.

We are also lovingly called the three analogue musketeers. I hope that I am welcome here
    and that there will be interesting conversations. That should be enough for now, I think.

With kind regards,
    Cheers Rainer

(translated into English with deepL)
    Last edited by Derainer; 24-05-2019 at 13:18.

I'm Martin.

Hello Rainer and welcome to the AoS Forum
    You will find plenty of like minded members here. We look forward to seeing pictures of your system in due course
    Lumley Heliosphere Audiomods 5
    Voyd Valdi AN Arm 1 V2 and Denon MC
    Audiomeca Talisman Highly Modded
    Audiomeca Kreatura &,SW1X DAC1
    Hovland HP200 MC
    Hovland Radia
    Ming Da 805 monos
    Magnum Dynalab Etude, RWA Cassabria + LCD 3
    Wilson Benesch Actors
    Cables by Cardas, Hovland G3 and Yter

I'm Rainer.

Thank you Martin, thank you for the warm welcome.
    I put some pictures in my album for you. I hope you like them.

take care,
    Rainer

I'm Martin.

Hi Rainer, welcome to the forum. I am also a big fan of linear tracking tonearms, I'm sure a lot of people will be interested to hear more about what you are doing.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm John.

Hello Rainer, welcome to AoS!

Love your photos, particularly the one showing the Tannoy Edinburgh speakers. That looks like my kind of day, music, coffee and a little chocolate bun!

The guys on here will no doubt love your turntables, especially the linear tracking tonearm. VERY professional builds!

Member Qwin (Ken) has a linear tracker and builds his own stuff too.

Very interesting that you use solid state amplifiers, I was expecting valves!

Anyway, join in and enjoy the forum

EDIT: are those Tannoy Canterbury speakers?

I'm Rainer.

Thank you, thank you...

yes, the loudspeakers are 15" Tannoy Canterbury SE I bought it in Switzerland in 1997. They were just 3 years old at that time.
    In 2015 my wife and I visited Tannoy in Coatbridge. There I let both chassis recone original. For farewell I got 2 T.Shirts and a Tannoy-Whisky.

In the three weeks I got to know Scotland as a very beautiful country. Also the people were very helpful and nice.
    I got to know Haggis and since then I like Haggis.

I am currently working on a longer story about our work. I will translate it into English later. But it will still take a few weeks.

But here's something for you to read:
    http://www.dereneville.de/src/doc/ne...i_Tunes_EN.pdf
    http://www.dereneville.de/src/doc/ne...ge_Hifi_EN.pdf

Have fun with it...
    kind regards, Rainer

I'm John.

Very interesting and impressive Rainer, nice to see all your efforts coming to fruition.

Unfortunately wasted on me as I don’t use vinyl!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Rainer.

Wow - that is some precision engineering. Would love to own one of your decks and tangential arms; sadly I don't have the necessary €75,000 at the moment.

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

I'm Rainer.

Hello, Barry,

I do understand - but it's a good thing you're talking about the prices.
    So let me say that we have changed our distribution. Thus we could lower the prices by more than 1/3.
    That is still a proud sum, I know. But it is also high technology - individually handmade in Germany.

regards Rainer

+ Reply to Thread