Can an amplifier be designed specifically around its components?

Sounds like a stupid question I know, with a resounding answer but let me explain.

I'm talking specifically about tube amplifiers here, in particular one I just picked up on a bit of a gamble....

Saw it pop up on a certain auction site. Read the description and it matched the specs of what is currently my favorite amp for driving my Quad 63's.

KT88's, push pull and around 35w in Triode configuration.

Messaged the seller and told him I could collect as where he lived wasn't 30 miles from where I work in Gatwick. A few message exchanges later and it turns out the guy works in the unit literally next door to mine in Gatwick and we both travel in 30-40 miles from different directions to work there. I digress, but what are the bloody chances of that!!! Must have exchanged pleasantries and head nods with the guy 1000 times!

Anyway, I still went to his house to pick it up so I could hear it in his system and he told me a bit about the amp.

It's in a generic looking (but actually custom) alloy chassis. Very nicely machined and solid looking. Think Shanling etc. Which is no coincidence as it turns out.

Silver-wired point to point wiring and some beefy transformers which run relatively cool compared to some.

Sorry for the terrible pictures, low light and might have consumed a beer . . . perhaps three.

IMAG1776.jpgIMAG1778.jpg