+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Network player

I'm Ian.

Default Network player

Hi guys iv just been offered the choice of two network player both the same price just wondering what one you guys would go for. The Denon 730ae or the mitchell & johnson wld+211t network player. Thanks in advance

I'm Grant.

think i'd consider the latter. dont have wifi i think but has ethernet. will connect pretty much to anything and has internet radio afaik
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

The Denon is more highly specced on the network audio side of things.
    Doesn't do DAB.

I wouldn't touch either of them to be honest.
    I've yet to see a network player from a box making/shifting company that has the going forward flexibility of a Squeezebox or a Raspberry Pi build.
    You buy a box from a making/shifting company you're buying into imminent obsolescence.
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Grant.

indeed chris, but they are cheap entries that need no work to initially work, which is fine if thats the object.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

It's difficult to recommend stuff when you know that something will become broken because a content provider will do something to change method of delivery, and the box maker won't do anything about it with respect to software updates.

The latter device has a DAB & FM tuner built in.
    Go for that one.
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Rob.

The mitchell & johnson wld+211t I think is the same as my Sansui WLD 211 which I use in my office. It works perfectly well. The biggest issue I have with it is that it won't play my 24bit FLAC files. Only the 16bit ones.

Personally, if I was on a tight budget I'd go for a Raspberry Pi based solution. If you don't want to build one pre-built solutions are available at around the same budget as players you've listed. Alternatively second hand Raspberry Pi players turn up on this forum fairly regularly.
    Last edited by ReggieB; 23-05-2019 at 12:14.
    Rob.