+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Streaming advice

I'm Steve.

Default Streaming advice

Streaming advice.

Looking for some advice please. At the moment I stream Spotify premium through my iPad that wirelessly connects to my Apple tv with a digital cable connecting to my DAC.
    Could a clever digital bod tell me if I'm limiting quality doing it in this way? Ie is the apple tv a bottleneck or the way I have it set up not getting the best out of it?
    Would I get better quality using a dedicated streamer and if so, where do I need to start looking and is it worth spending extra money on these?
    Is there one that would act as a CD transport also?
    Any help greatly appreciated.

I'm Paul.

Grab an Allo product or similar that implements an rpi. Use Volumio/moode/picore player as the OS and see how you get on with it.

If you hate it anything you have spent will be easily recouped as they rarely come up for resale. However you will more than likely love it.

Ive got an Allo Digione but am considering moving to an Allo Katana. The digione is good if you have a dac you love and the Katana is an all in one jobbie with a dac attached.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
    Current system:
    RPi + Allo Digione
    Beresford Caiman Seg & Dorado powered by 15v Linear PSU
    Transcendent Sound Mini Beast OTL
    Amptastic Mini-1
    Klipsch KG4.5 Speakers with Titanium Diagphrams and Sonicap Cap upgrade
    110aH Leisure Battery powers the Mini-1 & Digione

I'm Peter.

Before you go down the Allo route, it might be worth having a word with Bigman80 (Oliver) “on this forum” who has recently done a fairly in-depth assessment / review of the Allo Katana / Pecan Pi.

However, just to confuse matters further, there are also other contenders that might be worth a look.

I personally use the Katana and quite happy with it, but better DAC boards are coming out fast and furious.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread