+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Howdy

I'm Ruairi.

Default Howdy

Been into hifi for a while. Tried to post here a few times but not allowed. Do I need to post here first?

Can any one tell me if I buy a modern jolida dac from the US is it just a matter of a new power lead?

Currently using project xperience, sugden and proac D1.

Cheers

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

I'm Grant.

Yup you really need to indroduce yourself properly beforehand. Tell us a bit about yourself, system music likes etc.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Ruairi.

You know its funny, on these hifi sites I rarely see anyone discussing musical taste.
    The last album I bought was Josefin Ohrn and the Liberation. The next album I'm buying is the The Felice Brothers.

I'm Grant.

So electronica then. Not my cuppa but we have a fair few who do
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Ruairi.

I should really clarify, if I buy a modern jolida DAC from the US and import to Ireland can I just change the power lead and expect it to work 100%,is what I meant to say.

Cheers

I'm Grant.

If it works on 230as we'll as 120. And I think they do then should be no issues
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Shane.

Howdy! Welcome to AOS.

Have fun.

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Ruairi,

Actually we have much discussion about music - it's largely the whole raison d'etre of the site.

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

I'm Robert.

Jolida USA side are 110v related. There is a small swap to the mains board that is needed. Either Jolida themselves do this before shipping UK side, or the dealer needs to - to make it 230v compatible. It won’t work otherwise and would be a bad idea to plug it into 230v unless the conversion is done.

Quote Originally Posted by MoJoe View Post
    I should really clarify, if I buy a modern jolida DAC from the US and import to Ireland can I just change the power lead and expect it to work 100%,is what I meant to say.

Cheers

I'm Ruairi.

Quote Originally Posted by Open Door View Post
    Jolida USA side are 110v related. There is a small swap to the mains board that is needed. Either Jolida themselves do this before shipping UK side, or the dealer needs to - to make it 230v compatible. It won’t work otherwise and would be a bad idea to plug it into 230v unless the conversion is done.
    Thank you for responding to this. I was going to buy from eBay and have shipped over. I'll have to see if I can get someone who can do that for me.

You saved my bacon there and I appreciate it.

Have a good weekend

+ Reply to Thread