+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Howdy

I'm Ruairi.

Default Howdy

Been into hifi for a while. Tried to post here a few times but not allowed. Do I need to post here first?

Can any one tell me if I buy a modern jolida dac from the US is it just a matter of a new power lead?

Currently using project xperience, sugden and proac D1.

Cheers

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

I'm Grant.

Yup you really need to indroduce yourself properly beforehand. Tell us a bit about yourself, system music likes etc.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/PROJECT PHONOBOX DS2 USB - QUAD VENA 2 - IFI PURIFIER 2/TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK POWER AMPLIFIERS - LEAF HD BLUETOOTH - OPPO PM-3 PLANAR, SONY H900 & NURAPHONE HEADPHONES - ZBOOK/ IFI SILENCER/WIN10 PRO/AUDIRVANA 3 PLUS/TIDAL - SMSL M6 DAC & IFI SILENCER - RPI 3+, DIGIONE HAT/VOLUMIO2 - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN SPEAKERS - CABLE INC CHORD, MOGAMI, SUPRA & WIREWORLD

**Men are not punished for their sins, but by them**
    ***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Ruairi.

You know its funny, on these hifi sites I rarely see anyone discussing musical taste.
    The last album I bought was Josefin Ohrn and the Liberation. The next album I'm buying is the The Felice Brothers.

I'm Grant.

So electronica then. Not my cuppa but we have a fair few who do
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ

OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/PROJECT PHONOBOX DS2 USB - QUAD VENA 2 - IFI PURIFIER 2/TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK POWER AMPLIFIERS - LEAF HD BLUETOOTH - OPPO PM-3 PLANAR, SONY H900 & NURAPHONE HEADPHONES - ZBOOK/ IFI SILENCER/WIN10 PRO/AUDIRVANA 3 PLUS/TIDAL - SMSL M6 DAC & IFI SILENCER - RPI 3+, DIGIONE HAT/VOLUMIO2 - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN SPEAKERS - CABLE INC CHORD, MOGAMI, SUPRA & WIREWORLD

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Ruairi.

I should really clarify, if I buy a modern jolida DAC from the US and import to Ireland can I just change the power lead and expect it to work 100%,is what I meant to say.

Cheers

I'm Grant.

If it works on 230as we'll as 120. And I think they do then should be no issues
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Shane.

Howdy! Welcome to AOS.

Have fun.

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

Home Hi-Fi Chat UK (Facebook Group)

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Ruairi,

Actually we have much discussion about music - it's largely the whole raison d'etre of the site.

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

I'm Robert.

Jolida USA side are 110v related. There is a small swap to the mains board that is needed. Either Jolida themselves do this before shipping UK side, or the dealer needs to - to make it 230v compatible. It won’t work otherwise and would be a bad idea to plug it into 230v unless the conversion is done.

Quote Originally Posted by MoJoe View Post
    I should really clarify, if I buy a modern jolida DAC from the US and import to Ireland can I just change the power lead and expect it to work 100%,is what I meant to say.

Cheers

I'm Ruairi.

Quote Originally Posted by Open Door View Post
    Jolida USA side are 110v related. There is a small swap to the mains board that is needed. Either Jolida themselves do this before shipping UK side, or the dealer needs to - to make it 230v compatible. It won’t work otherwise and would be a bad idea to plug it into 230v unless the conversion is done.
    Thank you for responding to this. I was going to buy from eBay and have shipped over. I'll have to see if I can get someone who can do that for me.

You saved my bacon there and I appreciate it.

Have a good weekend

+ Reply to Thread