+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: NEBO 10

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by mik_rik View Post
    Confirming I'll be there.Along with some gear,tunes and my 'old' face Mick
    Don’t forget the star of the show Mick, the Radford!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnJo View Post
    Don’t forget the star of the show Mick, the Radford!
    Always save the best turn to last.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Aye, great amp.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Mike.

Can't wait Steve, it should be great

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

I'm Alan.

Steve,
    Unfortunately with work commitments I will not be able to attend but look forward to reading about it

Alan
    Turntable - Garrard 401/Jelco 750L/Ortofon Kontrapunkt B, Pioneer PLC 590, Micro Sieki MA505 , Denon DL103R - DIY Paradise Phono stage - Reel 2 Reel Studer A810, Otari MX55,Tascam BR20, Revox A77, B77, PR99, TEAC X1000 & 3440, Digital HTPC / Young Dac - Preamp - DIY B4, 821, Power Amp's DIY Avondale NCC300 Mono Block, Speakers Wilmslow Kit Volt BM220.8 / Scanspeak D2905/9500

I'm mick.

Thanks for the kind words about the Radford and yes Iwill bring it ,I think we are joined at the hip re NEBO.If I can be *rsed I will bring my ESL57 ,it'll be a bugger getting them up and the stairs,anyway, will see you all there. Mick
    Nothin' I do don't seem to work ,it only seems to make matters worse!. Jagger/Richards

I'm Steve.

NEBO 10 is really shaping up to be a great day. I’ve had word from some of the usual attendees who are a joy to be with and on this occasion Mark Sears of The Missing Link who has promised to bring along some great toys for us all to listen to. Mark is a diamond geezer and one who’s room at Scalford is one that I frequented the most on my visits there. This along with the promise of a top Naim CD555 from Micky Ricky and Mike Davis with his Rega shod Audio Technica ART cartridge. Sadly on this occasion we will be missing NEBO stalwart Alan Towell who due to work commitments abroad can’t make it. Alan’s magical reel to reel and self-built Voyager amps will be a big miss. However a full day is still well and truly on the cards. Ken Wynn and partner in crime Gordon always have something a little different for us to listen to. Gordon’s time as a DJ in LA some years back guarantees some new music to be tantalised by. He always manages to cost me a bloomin fortune. Hopefully the legend who is Les Wolstenholme of Avondale Audio will be along too. No doubt Nebo veteran Mik Rik will be bringing along his Radford power amp that always manage to raise a smile or too.

The Wellington pub is a rather splendid old listed building and a little rickety. The food and beer are rather splendid and Dan the landlord is a big music fan and more than happy to accommodate us for a full 12 hours. Let me tell you Neboites, it is becoming increasingly difficult to find venues that will allow us to stage our beloved day. As usual, based upon the success of the day I will organize NEBO 11. With this in mind I may even consider seeking out sponsorship and hiring somewhere bigger and more in keeping with our needs. For now though my vote is to enjoy the hospitality of The Wellington and bask in the day. My apologies to Barrington should he plan on attending as the room is on the first floor and not disabled friendly something that I promise will be addressed on any future events. There is a hotel nearby should anyone need to stay overnight. Please PM me should you need details. All that remains gentlemen is to wish you all safe journeys to and from Nebo and to have a most excellent day.

See ya down there

I'm Steve.

Thumbs up Tenth Nebo, who'd have thought it?

Big up to our friends from across the border. It certainly looks like we are in for a visit from the Scottish mafia. It's looking like a full day.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

LOL cheers mate, looking forward to it.

Owston this weekend..
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Floyddroid View Post
    Big up to our friends from across the border. It certainly looks like we are in for a visit from the Scottish mafia. It's looking like a full day.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast