+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: NEBO 10

I'm Nigel.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    Because people are getting fed up that content may be removed because there may or may not be an amp from a certain manufacturer in the photos. The proprietor of said amp has passed away ffs, time to stop all this crap and move on IMO.

Yes, I totally agree, Ali. It’s all a bit silly now.

I'm Andrew.

Because people are getting fed up that content may be removed because there may or may not be an amp from a certain manufacturer in the photos. The proprietor of said amp has passed away ffs, time to stop all this crap and move on IMO.
    +2. It's such a shame that this occurs on this forum. Oooopps did I state my opinion, does this get me another infraction?
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Geoff.

Just edited your post Mel. Please think about what you say.

The relevant rules regarding content have been in place a long time and members have had plenty of time to raise any potential issues, which nobody has done as far as I'm aware.

It's hardly the forum's fault that nobody has been able to take suitable photos. It can't be that difficult surely? Maybe some image editing might help?
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Neil.

After some debate about this the mod team has decided to reopen the thread and allow posting of pictures but no mention of the banned equipment, so no discussion of it or what it is will be permitted and its under those guides this thread is re opened. Anything breaking this will be removed. This accommodation applies to just this one thread.

As a reminder the circumstances for banning any mention or discussion falls under the following that while the person in question is no longer with us, the abuse and bile still lives on within the archive on the site that was owned by that individual. Until that material is removed the ban on AoS will continue.

I was trying to post a reminder so this rule wasn't broken by anyone. That was my motivation. Not trying to be heavy handed.

Its also worth keeping in mind that arguing with any of the moderators on here is not on so there should be no questioning of moderating decisions. Persistent offenders will be banned for a week.
    Regards Neil

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral Morn View Post
    Here is the thing, you folks are members of this site and not the sites owner, or moderators, and as such while opinions are valid and listened to ultimately the site owner says what is and isn't ok. There is an ethos and a few rules and this is one that is still in effect. You don't like that I get it, but it is what it is and it was felt, note the plural, so not one view that while personal galleries can have photos of said unsaid kit and model number there, this thread was in danger of breaking the rule. There were hints at this, reference to some people not being able to post photos because they would break said rule. I wanted to remind folks about said rule to clarify the situation.

This thread should not become a bitch fest about that.
    Yes that is so, however it needs to be remembered that a forum is nothing without it's members.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Just edited your post Mel. Please think about what you say.

The relevant rules regarding content have been in place a long time and members have had plenty of time to raise any potential issues, which nobody has done as far as I'm aware.

It's hardly the forum's fault that nobody has been able to take suitable photos. It can't be that difficult surely? Maybe some image editing might help?
    The problem is that a single rack was used for the entire day, with the amp in question visible in every photo taken of it as it was used early on and never removed.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Rich.

This^
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

I'm Rich.

The problem is that a single rack was used for the entire day, with the amp in question visible in every photo taken of it as it was used early on and never removed.
    That same amp is playing in my system right now and sounding bliddy fab BTW!
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

I'm Geoff.

Ali and Rich. Please read post 104 from Neil. Ta.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Just to follow up on Neil's post. AoS will happily offer an "olive branch" but until 10 years or so of abuse and bile is removed from "the site we don't mention" the NVA discussion ban here will remain! We appreciate that the former owner is no longer alive, and we're prepared to "bury the hatchet" but that decision is in their hands.

We know it is an emotive subject, but please also no questioning of moderating decisions. Persistent offenders will be banned for a week.

I hope we can now get back to enjoying NEBO10. I for one am looking forward to seeing some photos. It's "only" hi-fi guys, let's put this all behind us and enjoy the music!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast