+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: NEBO 10

I'm Alan.

Steve, Ali Rich
    Could you pick up this thread over on PFM please as I would like to see the photo's of the days events

Alan
    Turntable - Garrard 401/Jelco 750L/Ortofon Kontrapunkt B, Pioneer PLC 590, Micro Sieki MA505 , Denon DL103R - DIY Paradise Phono stage - Reel 2 Reel Studer A810, Otari MX55,Tascam BR20, Revox A77, B77, PR99, TEAC X1000 & 3440, Digital HTPC / Young Dac - Preamp - DIY B4, 821, Power Amp's DIY Avondale NCC300 Mono Block, Speakers Wilmslow Kit Volt BM220.8 / Scanspeak D2905/9500

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    Just to follow up on Neil's post. AoS will happily offer an "olive branch" but until 10 years or so of abuse and bile is removed from "the site we don't mention" the NVA discussion ban here will remain! We appreciate that the former owner is no longer alive, and we're prepared to "bury the hatchet" but that decision is in their hands.
    Indeed, and *that* is the key point that some people are missing.

You need to learn to look outside of your own 'immediate bubble' sometimes and appreciate what impact the above has had on others, not just think of yourself and your desire to discuss what *you* think should be discussed.

We will gladly "move on" and "grow the fuck up" when a completely clean slate has been made, and crucially, which involves every single last piece of abusive remark aimed at AoS. myself, and some of the mods and members here from the site that can't be named, together with a promise from those in charge there now that none of that will occur again (from others, out with of the deceased RD).

Only when that happens will the ban on discussing NVA gear be lifted, and we can all move on. RD may be dead, but the bile and abuse, aimed in this direction by others and him, contained on his forum, is still alive and kicking in the archive.

Therefore, some folks here need to consider that fact and let it sink in!!!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Geoff.

Please pay attention at the back. The images are now permitted!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Quote Originally Posted by 337alant View Post
    Steve, Ali Rich
    Could you pick up this thread over on PFM please as I would like to see the photo's of the days events

Alan
    Will do Alan, don’t have many photos but will post them up there tomorrow when I get a chance.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Indeed, and *that* is the key point that some people are missing.

You need to learn to look outside of your own 'immediate bubble' sometimes and appreciate what impact the above has had on others, not just think of yourself and your desire to discuss what *you* think should be discussed.

We will gladly "move on" and "grow the fuck up" when a completely clean slate has been made, and crucially, which involves every single last piece of abusive remark aimed at AoS. myself, and some of the mods and members here from the site that can't be named, together with a promise from those in charge there now that none of that will occur again (from others, out with of the deceased RD).

Only when that happens will the ban on discussing NVA gear be lifted, and we can all move on. RD may be dead, but the bile and abuse, aimed in this direction by others and him, contained on his forum, is still alive and kicking in the archive.

Therefore, some folks here need to consider that fact and let it sink in!!!

Marco.
    I didn’t forget that for a minute, given I’m one of the ones most affected by it in the past.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    Just to follow up on Neil's post. AoS will happily offer an "olive branch" but until 10 years or so of abuse and bile is removed from "the site we don't mention" the NVA discussion ban here will remain! We appreciate that the former owner is no longer alive, and we're prepared to "bury the hatchet" but that decision is in their hands.

We know it is an emotive subject, but please also no questioning of moderating decisions. Persistent offenders will be banned for a week.

I hope we can now get back to enjoying NEBO10. I for one am looking forward to seeing some photos. It's "only" hi-fi guys, let's put this all behind us and enjoy the music!
    That's fair enough.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral Morn View Post
    After some debate about this the mod team has decided to reopen the thread and allow posting of pictures but no mention of the banned equipment, so no discussion of it or what it is will be permitted and its under those guides this thread is re opened. Anything breaking this will be removed. This accommodation applies to just this one thread.

As a reminder the circumstances for banning any mention or discussion falls under the following that while the person in question is no longer with us, the abuse and bile still lives on within the archive on the site that was owned by that individual. Until that material is removed the ban on AoS will continue.

I was trying to post a reminder so this rule wasn't broken by anyone. That was my motivation. Not trying to be heavy handed.

Its also worth keeping in mind that arguing with any of the moderators on here is not on so there should be no questioning of moderating decisions. Persistent offenders will be banned for a week.
    A wise decision.

Well done mod team.

Spectral, no one should be immune from questioning, after all, isn't that the catalyst to how we arrived at this sensible decision?

Context can be lost sometimes so apologies if I misinterpreted your intent.

I'm Rich.

Still reeling from the loss of all my pics from the photof**kit debacle. If any of the mods want to email me, I'll happily email you them and describe what's in them but I'm way past putting time into uploading. Sorry.
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by 337alant View Post
    Steve, Ali Rich

Alan
    Hi Alan. Happy 40th wedding anniversary. You were missed at NEBO sir. I do have picures and i am in th process of writing a few words about the day. In keeping with the AOS rules my intention is to publish them on the NEBO Facebook page as well as Wigwam. It was a great day with some surprises. I will PM you a link.
    Don't forget we need to chat Al.

Speak soon.

I'm Deleted.

Not everyone ‘does’ Facebook Steve....
    Account Deleted

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast