+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: NEBO 10

I'm Geoff.

I'm a little baffled. The go ahead has been given for the NEBO photos to be shown on this thread, but nobody seems willing to show any.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Mel.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I'm a little baffled. The go ahead has been given for the NEBO photos to be shown on this thread, but nobody seems willing to show any.
    I think lots of people are tired of being dragged into the impact of a personal disagreement between a small number of people and it’s easier to go elsewhere.

My guess is that 90% + of people on this forum would have no knowledge of the issue had it not been repeatably drummed into us via a big headline at the top of the forum page and constant warnings/bans like imposed here.

I am now pissed off with all this STUPIDITY and am out of here for ever.

Mel

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    I didn’t forget that for a minute, given I’m one of the ones most affected by it in the past.
    Cool beans, mate. However, it's the reason why we can't "move on", even though RD has passed away, until a proper clean slate has been made. Some folks, not you, seem to have forgotten (or not even considered) that.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cycleallday View Post
    I think lots of people are tired of being dragged into the impact of a personal disagreement between a small number of people and it’s easier to go elsewhere.

My guess is that 90% + of people on this forum would have no knowledge of the issue had it not been repeatably drummed into us via a big headline at the top of the forum page and constant warnings/bans like imposed here.

I am now pissed off with all this STUPIDITY and am out of here for ever.

Mel
    Hi Mel,

I'm sorry you feel that way and hope you reconsider, but at the same time it's all very well for you to say the above, and refer to it as "stupidity", when you haven't been the victim of a hate campaign for 10 years, and subjected to continual personal abuse, as others and I have, not just from RD, but a considerable proportion of the HFS membership, and who have still continued with their behaviour since Richard's demise.

Always easy to be dismissive towards (or distance oneself) from something when you've not been involved in it. Different kettle of fish when you've been subjected to the grief! And that is why until all that crap stops (and the existing stuff in the archive is deleted), NVA gear won't be allowed to be discussed here.

Anyway, back to the NEBO chat, and hopefully a few pics

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Cool beans, mate. However, it's the reason why we can't "move on", even though RD has passed away, until a proper clean slate has been made. Some folks, not you, seem to have forgotten (or not even considered) that.

Marco.
    You may have seen that Savvy is now taking over the company and the forum. I've met Paul a couple of times and he strikes me as a decent bloke. It seems a good opportunity to make a new start to me. :-)
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Martin.

Was looking forward to this thread as I'm originally from the NE.

Biggest disappointment since 1998 playoff final.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I'm Deleted.

You may have seen that Savvy is now taking over the company and the forum. I've met Paul a couple of times and he strikes me as a decent bloke. It seems a good opportunity to make a new start to me. :-)
    I wonder if he will now take to lampooning himself?
    Account Deleted

Lol... No comment!

Save to say that lots of folk you meet from forums in real life seem like "decent blokes", only to later stab you in the back and be found out as the opposite: two-faced bastards.

Savvy's first move, in order to comply with his "decent bloke" status, would be to remove the AoS/Marco hate-fest from the EOTW section of the forum that can't be named, and with a promise that in future no further material of that nature will be posted by the membership.

I await with bated breath for that to happen! If it does, then we can look at removing the current ban on NVA, but if not, the status quo will remain.

Marco.
    Main System

Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    Indeed!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    He already does.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast