+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pre and power , ON/OFF sequence?

I'm Andrew.

Default Pre and power , ON/OFF sequence?

I am currently following the same procedure as I read on a naim site .
    In regards to my Alchemist pre & power is this correct:
    Power on :
    Sources
    Power supplies and preamp
    Power amp

Power off is apparently the reverse.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Dave.

Exactly.

Though, if it was a Naim, you would have to leave it to warm up for 3 months or else all the 'prat' goes out the window.

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    Exactly.
    Thanks Dave

I'm Grant.

always good practice to have vol at zero before you do any of that. interestingly my quad does exactly that by itself, lowering vc to zero before coming on.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    always good practice to have vol at zero before you do any of that. interestingly my quad does exactly that by itself, lowering vc to zero before coming on.
    I do just that mate, still get that little thud though

I'm Grant.

Probably doesnt have a soft start section; if its naim it wont have. Not much u can do bar disconnecting speakers. Amps having speaker switches were handy for that.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    I tend to flick the source selector to a non-active input too, because I tend to leave my gear on, but switch my hot Class A DAC off when not in use.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    Exactly.

Though, if it was a Naim, you would have to leave it to warm up for 3 months or else all the 'prat' goes out the window.
    I thought that only happened when a dealer stops selling it.....
    Account Deleted

I'm Dave.

Not really. Some dealers have always always thought the 3 month warm up thing was ridiculous.

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

I always kept the Naim bits n pieces powered on all the time which, I believe, is the recommendation..

It's the one thing I miss about the Naim's ... as I don't leave the ML's switched on so have to wait just a little while for them to heat up a bit....

Does anyone know if I could indeed leave the ML's switched on the whole time? The only reason I switch them off at the moment is that they both get pretty warm, unlike the Naim's
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast