I am a keen listener to music, and have been since listening to a wind up phonograph in a friends attic when I was five. I sing in my Church choir and have done a level of recording over the last decade. My music tastes are catholic, but do not stretch to rap or garage.

I like open and polite discussion, and abhor didacticism. If it gives you pleasure then that really is the point. Does objective measurement have a role? Of course, but it isn't the be all and end all.

My system have has morphed over a number of decades, generally dependent on budget and knowledge. I think that the internet has been a mixed blessing for HiFi, but on the whole very positive allowing such things as Bake Offs, so that we can all get to hear a variety of equipment and judge for ourselves.

My most recent purchase is a pair of Naim SBL MKIs, with which I am incredibly impressed; our cats having mullered my Focal 1008bes. I have a variety of amps and sources with which to drive them and I am currently enjoying ringing the changes.

For the past decade I have mainly been streaming, both locally and using Qobuzzzz, but I also still put on my vinyl. I have no hard and fast opinions on what is best and feel i could lay on a demo to prove each as being best, depending on what I choose to play .....and how!

Look forward to chipping in occasionally as well as continuing to follow the discussions.