+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Turntable change

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    The Inspire Monarch turntable is superb. No doubt but why spend that much on what will only ever be second to a fully refurbished Technics SP10 MK2.

You don't need to spend that budget on anything else IMO. You could put a SME5 on it with your budget.

If you want belt drive, the best I've heard is the VPI. It's expensive and belt driven so that rules me out but I've not heard a better rubber bander.
    At the moment I am open to all suggestions, this would probably be my last turntable change, so just want to get the right one for my needs.
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Regarding Brinkmann products, a new deck plus tonearm is sadly well above your budget. And unless you are willing to buy used, a Technics SP10 plus SME V will also lay beyond your budget.

You could buy a Thorens 124 in excellent condition for about £1.5K and that will include an arm.
    There maybe a used Brinkmann available waiting to hear what the price will be.
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I hope so, because both TT and arms are superb.

Had a quick look - none available on eBay at the moment, but if there is a Brinkmann dealer near you, they may have one taken in as part exchange.
    Barry

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I hope so, because both TT and arms are superb.

Had a quick look - none available on eBay at the moment, but if there is a Brinkmann dealer near you, they may have one taken in as part exchange.
    The Brinkmann is the dealer’s demo model but might still be over budget.
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

How about the Technics SL1200G or if you like the Nottingham Analog, a hyperspace? Or the Mentor?
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by chris@panteg View Post
    How about the Technics SL1200G or if you like the Nottingham Analog, a hyperspace? Or the Mentor?
    The hyperspace is certainly a possibility although that would require a 600 mile outdoor trip.
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i

I'm AndyElectroNumpty.

I have an NA Interspace , upgraded my arm to an Audio Origami uniarm for about £1300 last year. It made a massive difference over the previous OL modded Rega. My point is that I think the IS deck is capable of taking a very good arm which allows use of a good choice of more expensive carts (I use a ZYX Yatra).

This made quite a substantial difference to me so if i were you I'd think very carefully about that arm/cart route. You would probably have enough left over to buy a Hyperspace if you wanted to after anyhow after some more trying and thinking etc.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    At the cutting edge of Numptyness!

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by smangus View Post
    I have an NA Interspace , upgraded my arm to an Audio Origami uniarm for about £1300 last year. It made a massive difference over the previous OL modded Rega. My point is that I think the IS deck is capable of taking a very good arm which allows use of a good choice of more expensive carts (I use a ZYX Yatra).

This made quite a substantial difference to me so if i were you I'd think very carefully about that arm/cart route. You would probably have enough left over to buy a Hyperspace if you wanted to after anyhow after some more trying and thinking etc.

Thanks Andy, food for thought my current arm is Audio Origami modified, but the route you have suggested is one I am considering.
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i

I'm AndyElectroNumpty.

Well good luck and have some fun!

At the cutting edge of Numptyness!

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    The Inspire Monarch turntable is superb. No doubt but why spend that much on what will only ever be second to a fully refurbished Technics SP10 MK2.

You don't need to spend that budget on anything else IMO. You could put a SME5 on it with your budget.

If you want belt drive, the best I've heard is the VPI. It's expensive and belt driven so that rules me out but I've not heard a better rubber bander.
    I've no doubt you're absolutely right about the SP10 Oliver, but I would have thought that a well fettled one would be beyond his budget, and I get the impression he wouldn't want to buy an affordable example then have months/years of modding it. Rather he wants it to be all the deck he would need from day one.

Doesn't Robbiegong have an SL1210 Mk 5 for sale? I bet that would be the dog's danglies and well inside budget.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast