+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Turntable change

I'm Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin626 View Post
    The LP 12 was actually one that they had put together in the shop and was not new.
    Do they have their own upgrade line then?

I'm Rob.

Have you considered a Well Tempered deck? Loud and Clear are stockists in Glasgow or Edinburgh.
    At the very least they're worth a listen. I’ve gone from a top of the LP12 to a Versalex and couldn’t be happier. They might surprise you?
    Well Tempered Versalex, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Trilogy 906, MCRU LDA Linear PSU, Naim ND5 XS 2 , Exposure 3010S2D, Roksan TR-5 speakers, Spotfire Interconnects/Spotfire Reference speaker cable

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus View Post
    Do they have their own upgrade line then?
    The are main dealers for Linn and repairs and servicing
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmass View Post
    Have you considered a Well Tempered deck? Loud and Clear are stockists in Glasgow or Edinburgh.
    At the very least they're worth a listen. I’ve gone from a top of the LP12 to a Versalex and couldn’t be happier. They might surprise you?
    Will have a look Rob
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i

I'm Wayne.

I'd much rather keep and upgrade what you've got than end up with a bloody Linn LP12 fruitbox, ugh.

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by crimsondonkey View Post
    I'd much rather keep and upgrade what you've got than end up with a bloody Linn LP12 fruitbox, ugh.
    Not sure I will be going down the Linn route, too many upgrades involved for me, but you never know. I did like my Linn when i owned one but that was nearly 40 years ago, and there were only a couple of upgrade options then.
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i

I'm Adam.

Dont diss the Linn! A good LP12 is miles from the 'Fruit box' you allude to!
    "lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

I'm Wayne.

Quote Originally Posted by WESTLOWER View Post
    Dont diss the Linn! A good LP12 is miles from the 'Fruit box' you allude to!
    I understand the generation who grew up with them, but there's so much choice at the OPs budget it would be a shame to go down the path of something that requires a lot of 'upgrades' or fixes more like, to sound competitive. YMMV of course but I consistently fail to be convinced by the sound and value of LP12s.

I'm Adam.

I understand the generation who grew up with them, but there's so much choice at the OPs budget it would be a shame to go down the path of something that requires a lot of 'upgrades' or fixes more like, to sound competitive. YMMV of course but I consistently fail to be convinced by the sound and value of LP12s.
    I hear you, I actually switched from the LP12 full fat version to a Idler and have not regretted it but i must say the LP12 gave me great music and unfortunately
    gets a bad rep for going out of tune and such, but that was never my experience. I still have a soft spot for them.
    "lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

I'm Robin.

I will try and look at all the options in my budget, which may include Linn
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast