+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Music is playing again after a long hiatus. Vinyl, Reel to Reel, and Digital!

I'm Charles.

I'm Charles.

I'm Charles.

It’s been a while. I have settled in to this setup for a while now and believe it or not thinned out a lot of gear.

The Legacy Whispers will be moved out eventually to another room. The Jon Anderson monitors have taken center stage and I am waiting for the bottom bins as the finishing touches to the most amazing set of monitors I have heard. The Jon Anderson built Altecs in the rear are the go to speakers for my favorite tube amps.
    The newest addition to the system is the HiFi Rose RS150b DAC/Streamer is an amazing piece of gear that I am enjoying very much. I am an analog person at heart but this piece has had me listening to more music than ever!

Charlie
    Last edited by charles hidalgo; 20-08-2022 at 04:45.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Gobsmacked as always looking at your amazing system(s)! Incredible!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Alan.

That's still a lot of kit!
    Good news that you are listening to more music, it feeds the soul.
    I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

I'm Josie.

Quote Originally Posted by charles hidalgo View Post
    Having fun on a much needed rainy day. These speakers from Troels Gravesen are pretty amazing! If you visit the site these are his personal speakers that are featured in the build photos.

http://troelsgravesen.dk/Faital-3WC-10.htm

These speakers are very interesting to me. How do they compare with the other speakers you use? I'm curious to know if they do nice focused bass with plenty of slam. It would be great to review them for my website at some point.

Your system is a pleasure to look at, Charles. I've been shedding equipment recently rather than adding to it. Lol... Comes a time I suppose.

Thanks for posting with us on AOS. Please keep the pics coming.

Sent from my 9001X using Tapatalk
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

I'm Charles.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    That's still a lot of kit!
    Good news that you are listening to more music, it feeds the soul.
    Yes indeed! Things just sound so nice. The music is most important, and the range of emotions that comes with it.

I'm Paul.

The thing that struck me was your listening chair - it's ORANGE

I have an orange sofa and it's a bit of theme throughout my house - can I ask where it came from ?
    Linn Sondek LP12, Ittok, AT-F7
    Schiit Mani MK1 Phono Pre-Amp
    Nobsound NS-08P Bluetooth pre-amp
    Marantz CD5004 CD Player
    Pure DAB tuner
    2 x Meridian 205 monoblock power amps
    Tannoy T225 "Mayfair" speakers
    www.paulridgeblog.com

I'm Charles.

Quote Originally Posted by rigger67 View Post
    The thing that struck me was your listening chair - it's ORANGE

I have an orange sofa and it's a bit of theme throughout my house - can I ask where it came from ?
    It's a recliner/ottoman from a company named Selig of Monroe and is from circa 1969-1970 I believe. I found it used and bought it from the original owner who was over 80 at the time a few years ago.

I'm Charles.

New addition. After many years yesterday I found a nice (circa 1968 tags and research but not positive yet) Percival Lafer Brazilian Rosewood/Suede Lounge Chair and Ottoman. It is very very comfortable.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast