+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Music is playing again after a long hiatus. Vinyl, Reel to Reel, and Digital!

I'm Rob.

A nice chair to fall asleep in..........unless the system is sooo good that you don't want to miss anything

What are the stand mounted speakers in the picture? What sort of music do you mainly listen to?
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm Paul.

I thought it might be a novel take on the Barcelona chair from the Bauhaus, but looking at the picture above it does have elements of that classic design but also of a recliner, like a fusion of the two.

I love what I can see
    Thanks for getting back to me about it.
    Linn Sondek LP12, Ittok, AT-F7
    Schiit Mani MK1 Phono Pre-Amp
    Nobsound NS-08P Bluetooth pre-amp
    Marantz CD5004 CD Player
    Pure DAB tuner
    2 x Meridian 205 monoblock power amps
    Tannoy T225 "Mayfair" speakers
    www.paulridgeblog.com

I'm Charles.

Anticipating these coming together for some time now. I'll say that it was worth the time and I don't want to even break things down again to veneer the bins. Just wow. Iphone B&W for maximum artsy fartsyness.

I'm Charles.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffin View Post
    A nice chair to fall asleep in..........unless the system is sooo good that you don't want to miss anything

What are the stand mounted speakers in the picture? What sort of music do you mainly listen to?
    I have fell asleep on the regular in this room over the last 20 years so many times but more than ever now. The monitors are CSS Criton 1TD-X models. I just posted a newer photo with the additional 3-Way Bass Modules from CSS also. Custom built by Jon Anderson. Anticipating these coming together for some time now. I'll say that it was worth the time and I don't want to even break things down again to veneer the bins. Just wow. Iphone B&W for maximum artsy fartsyness.
    The monitors are CSS Criton 1TD-X models. I had them in the office for a year built and untested sitting on the floor. I put them in the system this year finally and they sounded amazing. Enough so to immediately ask my speaker builder and friend Jon Anderson if he could build me the bins to go along with his gorgeous built monitors. Yesterday Jon said take the bins home for final room testing! I added the anticipated 3-Way Bass Modules from CSS and wow. They have the tunable passive radiators also and that is nice. I believe I finally have found my "Non Horn" speaker. So I have to part with them to have the final matching walnut veneer.

https://www.css-audio.com/online-sto...air-p115270078
    Bass modules
    https://www.css-audio.com/online-sto...air-p350688026

CSS Monitors
    https://www.css-audio.com/online-sto...air-p115270078

Bass modules
    https://www.css-audio.com/online-sto...air-p350688026
    Last edited by charles hidalgo; 18-11-2022 at 08:16.

I'm Grant.

Great stuff Charles
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Rob.

For someone who doesn't really seem to care about serious hifi you seem to be doing pretty well

I'm Charles.

Then he said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. And he saw that the light was good.

Not anything to do with sound but I have completed a twenty three year search for some appropriate lamps for this room. Finding lamps tall enough, in pairs, and that are all original at give or take 70 years old has been a task. They are out there but seem to always be out of my comfortable spending range or gone on two seconds. These sat in the same home in the same spot since the day the sellers mother brought them home. They are in their new forever home now. ��

I'm Rob.

Nice.

I'm Charles.

I'm James.

Great room, lots of acoustic treatment. Very nice vibe you have there, got a 70's feel.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast