+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Music is playing again after a long hiatus. Vinyl, Reel to Reel, and Digital!

I'm John.

Wonderful room and equipment Charles.

Love the rosewood fronts on the Altecs.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Me too - it really sets them off nicely

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Charles.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnJo View Post
    Wonderful room and equipment Charles.

Love the rosewood fronts on the Altecs.
    Thank you. Originally I was going to have Jon do them entirely in rosewood. He said look at them this way first. I was a bit leery but once they were in my room in person I really liked his suggestion.

I'm Charles.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Amazing system you have there Charles. What are the super-tweeters on the top of the loudspeaker cabinets?

I use an Ikeda modified Ortofon 309 with an Ikeda C9 III 'cantileverless' cartridge (best described as a moving-coil 'Decca') on one of my Thorens TD124/II TTs. Sometimes I will swap out the Ikeda cartridge for an Ortofon SPU-GE, for a different 'presentation'.
    Tweeters are these... http://www.townshendaudio.com/supertweeters/

I'm Charles.

All done and setup... I have wanted to do one of these correctly for a long time. A Technics SP10 MKII that has received the Krebs treatment, DAS dual arm plinth, Fidelity Research FR24 MKII 9", Jelco TK-950L MKII 12", Sph copper mat and record stabilizer. Ortofon and Audio Technica carts. Time for a listen tonight hopefully.

I'm Charles.

I'm Charles.

Thank you John at www.Lynwardwoodworks.com/ for helping make my project a very beautiful and special one!

Audio-Technica LP1240 with bypassed internal phono section and Cardas cable wiring from the tonearm leads directly to the RCA's. An Audio-Technica cartridge on modified stock arm. Black Diamond feet between the TT and neoprene layered MDF internal base with kiln dried domestic hardwood that are at a max of 8% moisture content for the rest of the plinth. This was made from 3/4" curly maple inlayed with curly Claro walnut. Joints are mitered and biscuit joined to add strength. The very bottom and inner base of the the turntable sits on is 3/4" MDF and the base has threaded 1/4 20 inserts for my choice of footers which are currently MapleShade. Copper platter mat and record stabilizer from Sien at SPH.

I'm afesteringvinylphile.

Good golly... That looks like an awesome place to enjoy tunes.
    Lyrics are the ramblings of man, sometimes inspired by The Creator, most often, not.
    But music (melodies, harmonies, rhythms), that's God stuff.
    Always was. Always will be.

One of the biggest lies ever told was that only certain kinds of people should listen to certain kinds of music.

(silent) VINYL LP SLIDESHOWS

I'm Ivo.

Really impressive room and gear
    Pioneer:
    PLC-590, RT-909, 707, CT-F1250, 900, 750, 700, T-C3, P-D1, TX-7800,
    U-24, SR-303, SG-9800, SA-7800, SX-750, DT-400, HPM-100
    Nakamichi: DRAGON, BX300e, BX125, BX 1, CD4

I'm Charles.

Klangfilm KLV204 custom clones. F2a power tube, MU14/UU5 rectifier, and a EF12 as a driver.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast