+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello from Central California!

I'm Charles.

Default Hello from Central California!

I'm new here but not new to audio. I've been listening to music since before I could remember (The first photo is of myself at around 1 year old circa 1970 in Japan) and started buying my first records in 1979 at age nine, and I am now 49. I just thought I would say hello and make a proper introduction.

Room one:
    Plinius 8200 with Galbo Designs "Ultimate Mod" (currently serving as preamp), James Burgess custom monoblocks running in triode (2x6550, 1x12SN7, 1x5751), PeachTree Audio 65SE (serving as DAC), Modified AT1240 TT with AT33EV cartridge featuring Cardas wiring straight to the Plinius phono stage, Otari MTR10-2 Reel to Reel, a PC music server running Fubar 2000 with over 10 terabytes of Hi-Rez files (DSD, DXD, Flac, and WAV), and a pair of Zu Audio Omen MKII loudspeakers. Room is 24x20x8

Room two:
    VPI Industries TNT-4, Cary Audio Design CAD-805c monoblocks , Cary Audio Design SLP-98p preamp , Plinius Jarrah, Immedia RPM, Transfiguration Spirit MKII, VPI MKIV with Origin Live arm and Denon ZE Audio cartridge, Mapleshade Heavy Foot isolation feet, Lovan Classic II audio racks, Pure Note Paragon speaker cables, Pure note Paragon interconnects, Ps Audio xStream Plus SC, ElectraPrint 300B monoblock tube amps, Maple,sand,granite iso box DIY, Thorens TD-124, Decware MG94 speakers , Arcarain Alon Lotus Elite speakers , Custom Altec cabinets have tags on the back of them from Altec dating 3-5-51 ... 803a drivers....288c driver and tar filled horns are Altec 1003B's .... The LX5 x-overs are ugraded.

More photos in the gallery section.
    Last edited by charles hidalgo; 20-05-2019 at 18:02.

I'm John.

Hello Charles. Plenty of interesting things on here.
    Sent by me using an appendage

SME Model 15/V tonearm, Lyra Dorian, EAR Phono Box.

Luxman 509X amp.

PMC 25 23i speakers.

Innuos/Roon/Qobuz/I-Pad. Oppo UDP-205.

Cables by Kimber, Yannis and Audioquest.

Audioquest Niagara. Tube Distinctions Mains power filter. Project RCM. Zerostat.

I'm Charles.

Quote Originally Posted by prestonchipfryer View Post
    Hello Charles. Plenty of interesting things on here.
    Yes indeed. Thank you.

I'm Rob.

Hi Charles, from the dark and often muddied recesses of my mind I seem to remember that the name Hidalgo was associated with some bit of hifi kit. For the life of me I cannot find any reference to it on the net. I see you have had some Klipsch Horns in the past (or maybe you still have them?) I heard a pair of these at a show some years ago and loved their "being right there" presentation, with tight and punchy bass.

Welcome.
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm Shane.

Howdy! Welcome to AOS.

Have fun.

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Wow! That's some kit! Welcome aboard Charles, hope you enjoy AoS.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm James.

Welcome Charles, looks like you have some nice kit there, especially like the cool Zu Omen speakers.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Martin.

Hi Charles, welcome to AoS.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread