+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anyone Still Using A DVD or Blu-Ray Recorder?

I'm Martin.

Default Anyone Still Using A DVD or Blu-Ray Recorder?

I keep seeing these DVD recorders in the charity shops. Nice and cheap if I find a mint looking one

I suppose I could record a few old vhs tapes onto disc but even sourcing the discs seems a pain now.

Compared with a PVR it all seems obsolete now. The dual blue ray recorders made by Panasonic look pricey and over complicated.

I believe Sony dont even make them anymore..says it all really. With netflix and other streaming the video disc will probably die out before the cd does.

What do you mainly use yours for?

I'm Geoff.

I have no intention of parting with my DVD collection, so naturally I use a DVD player. I have a Pioneer DV-717 and I've just bought a couple of mint spare players, one Blaupunkt and a Panasonic. They cost next to nothing, as do the discs if I spot anything I fancy.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Neil.

I still have several VHS recorders and SVHS recorders. I also have a Panasonic HD, DVD recorder, two high end Toshiba DVD/DVDA machines, a high end Pioneer and two Blu Ray players, one LG (cheap) and an Oppo 103 (used in main AV set up)
    Regards Neil

I'm Grant.

got hundreds of dvds and 3 players. got 4 blueray players too
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Dennis.

With the rapid expansion and diversification of technologies I am sitting paralysed with indecision, trying to choose a right path.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    got hundreds of dvds and 3 players. got 4 blueray players too
    I have lots of DVDs too, still got some VHS tapes. Not so many BluRays.
    Regards Neil

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I too have hundreds of video discs, and a Blu-Ray player as well as a region-free DVD player.

My VHS player packed up a month ago, so I threw it out along with some 50 VHS tapes.

I also have a CD recorder, but I rarely use it and will probably put it up for sale.
    Barry

I'm Paul.

I had a pioneer laserdisc player until a few years ago. Sold the lot for next to nothing including a few films with 2 discs which set me back £50/£60 at the time.

I use the kids PS4 for blueray now not got a dedicated player.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
    Current system:
    RPi + Allo Digione
    Beresford Caiman Seg & Dorado powered by 15v Linear PSU
    Transcendent Sound Mini Beast OTL
    Amptastic Mini-1
    Klipsch KG4.5 Speakers with Titanium Diagphrams and Sonicap Cap upgrade
    110aH Leisure Battery powers the Mini-1 & Digione

I'm Martin.

Oh Ive got plenty of Dvds. I just wondered if anyone records onto video discs now or even uses a cd recorder.

I still have my sony vhs because I like still being able to play the odd tape I may find...Manchester during the war Jarre Houston wasnt released on dvd but its all on You Tube anyway now.

Ive still got my trusty Toshiba 220 and I also use my xbox 360. I will probably just use my xbox one for blue rays then see what Im doing about 4k. If anything I want my gaming rigs to cover these duties...theres only so much shelf room.

+ Reply to Thread