+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is there music you like that most hate?

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Fair enough. Personally I dislike almost everything that's in the charts these days, and absolutely everything that booms out of the speakers in a boy racer type car. Your specific dislikes are similar to mine, but I do like some country & western (eg Johnny Cash and Hank Williams).

The only 'minority' taste I can think of is Half Man Half Biscuit. Nigel Blackwell is an absolute genius songwriter.
    Agree with you on Johnny Cash. I tend to skirt around the 'danger zone' when it comes to Country and Western. I like Linda Ronstadt, Emmy Lou Harris and of course John Cash. Not too familiar with Hank Williams. I do like Appalachian music and the banjo pickin' of Earl Scruggs etc.

What I really dislike about some C&W is the mawkish sentimentality of the 'stand by your man' school. All 'dead dogs, mother in laws, and people walking out the door'. No doubt Nick (Beechwoods) will put me right!

Regards
    Barry

MartinT Guest

My friends universally dislike Portishead, which I'm rather fond of playing loud in the car. Their third album 'Third' is a real challenge even for me, though.

I'm Nobody.

Anything non prog/Psych sucks IMHO

I'm Steve.

nothing really as I think I got wide ears, but I remember loving King Crimson's "lizard" when it was first released, and all my mates threatning physical violence if I dared to stick it on the old Dansette...
    Add water... Makes It's own sauce! + Don't Do Rap.. Don't do Urrban.. Don't do Modern R&B and Don't Do Radio 1 cos it's all fecking SHITE

I'm Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre De Grenoble View Post
    nothing really as I think I got wide ears, but I remember loving King Crimson's "lizard" when it was first released, and all my mates threatning physical violence if I dared to stick it on the old Dansette...
    Obviously a man with some fantastic taste

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Obviously a man with some fantastic taste
    wot only some...
    Add water... Makes It's own sauce! + Don't Do Rap.. Don't do Urrban.. Don't do Modern R&B and Don't Do Radio 1 cos it's all fecking SHITE

I'm notAlone.

I hate with passion any "music" not composed by musicians. That is a lot/most of modern commercial stuff since computer audio software became cheap/cracked.

The rest is bearable, even if/when I'm not fond of it.
    Dimitri.

In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
    George Orwell

I'm Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by Themis View Post
    I hate with passion any "music" not composed by musicians.
    Todays music is out of the Equation then

I'm notAlone.

In fact, there are some exceptions in my above statement, but there are very rare.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Todays music is out of the Equation then
    Dimitri.

In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
    George Orwell

I'm Steve.

I dislike the usual shite boy band type stuff, anything that resembles Whiney houston, or whinehouse for that matter. Pretentious jazz noodling shite for 'cognoscenti' to stroke their beards / nod their heads to, music aimed at menopausal women like michael bubble and simply red. Most 'pop' music I hear on the wireless, anything with 'rap' in it, any of that rock-a-billy nonsense that Mark Lamarr likes. Also, I try to avoid chintzy pap like elton john.

If I have offened antyone let me know, I wont change anything I just want to know...

If I have missed anything you think I should include let me know and I will consider it if the said rubbish registers on my 'utter shite' music meter. Thanks.
    They swim... the mark of Satan is upon them. They must hang.

FLAC / WDTV Live / Cambridge Audio / Tannoy VX12

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast