+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: Michell Gyrodec, with Orbe Platter upgrade & HR Power supply and extras

I'm Adrian.

Default FS: Michell Gyrodec, with Orbe Platter upgrade & HR Power supply and extras

Having scratched an itch with respect to turntables it is time to sell my trusty 2.5 year old Michell Gyrodec, it is in near perfect condition and is unmarked having been careful cared for by myself. I personally would prefer to sell everything listed below as a complete package, as it is a great combination for a prospective purchaser.

This is a great opportunity to buy a Michell Gyrodec with upgrades in superb condition at a good price.

I have listed below the current list price and the asking price for each item next to it. These prices are pretty fixed as the turntable is in excellent condition and is well worth the price I am asking. I have taken photos showing the TT with the supplied standard Gyrodec platter and also the Orbe Upgrade platter, as can be seen in each photo the record clamps for each are shown.

There is a photo of the HR power supply, and of course there is also the standard power supply which has remained in its box since new (please note - I will not sell this separately from the Gyrodec).

I have just realised that I have an unused spare drive belt which is free to the Gyrodec purchaser.

Finally the last photo shows "Pete's Upgrade Pylons" on the deck, which are well documented on AoS, these are made to measure ones currently £200 to order. Personally I think they are well worth using as IMO they improve the soundstage and depth of the music, these come with spare O-rings. Obviously the Gyrodec comes with its standard suspension springs in any case. The foot shown in the photo(there are 3) was an experiment by myself to improve TT isolation, they are made from inline skate wheels, a rubber bush in the top and a sorbothane semi-sphere in the base. They do give better isolation IMO but the same can be achieved using the standard feet and placing the turntable on a quality stand or isolation platform.

The Ceramic Balls mentioned are replacements for the supplied steel balls from Michell, which fit on to of the suspension pylons and on the platter bearing, they provide better isolation IMO, the acrylic spacer fits under the arm mounting plate raising it by 10mm giving better isolation and arm mounting IMO.

A note on the Orbe Platter upgrade kit, this originally comes with a damping putty which is then fitted to the underside of the Gyrodec chassis, it is obviously not practical to remove once used. I do know where the same product can be purchased at a sensible price, so if the Orbe upgrade kit is sold separately I will advise on this.

I have the original packaging for the Gyrodec and the Orbe Platter upgrade kit, which is what they will be shipped in.

Postage of the Gyrodec, Orbe Upgrade kit and the HR Power Supply will be done using UPS and I insist these are insured, the cost will be down to the purchaser and will be on top of the prices quoted. Other items if sold separately will be sent the most cost effective method. If you are purchasing from outside the UK then please discuss and consider the shipping costs and times, certain countries I will not ship to so ask me first. All items will be sent with signed for delivery, and I will supply tracking details, they will be carefully packaged and once they leave me are no longer my responsibility.

So I think that is it, please PM me with any questions.

Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Vince.

Lovely turntable and Pete's Pylon upgrade raise it up to another level. When I fitted mine and played a record it was a "wtf" moment. Whole aspect of replay was drastically improved. Glws

I'm Gary.

Gorgeous thing in black, might put the Gyro platter back on mine.
    Good luck with the sale.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Adrian.

I completely agree, they look sexy in black. Thanks
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I'm Adrian.

Weekend bump.

Don’t miss out on this lovely Michell Gyrodec

I'm Adrian.

Sunday bump

I'm Adrian.

These are now up on EBAY and by the number of questions I am getting and watchers these are not likely to hang around so if you are interested and want a good AoS price don't delay.

Thanks

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    These are now up on EBAY and by the number of questions I am getting and watchers these are not likely to hang around so if you are interested and want a good AoS price don't delay.

Thanks
    OK as I said above things are moving fast.

Orbe platter upgrade SOLD
    SME arm plate SOLD
    SME de-coupling kit SOLD

Quite a bit of interest in the 'Pete's Pylon kit" so I expect this to go soon.

The other items have quite a few followers.

I'm Gary.

With Pete’s pylon Kit...

can you you still fit Michell’s Metal spring covers over the top?
    Not a fan of the looks, yes `I know that shouldn’t matter...
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post
    With Pete’s pylon Kit...

can you you still fit Michell’s Metal spring covers over the top?
    Not a fan of the looks, yes `I know that shouldn’t matter...
    Yes...you can...
    'ANDSOME IN THE SUMMER..'ORIBBLE IN THE WINTER. Barney Milne

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast