+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Croft - why 2 volume controls?

I'm Mike.

Be good to hear one before plunging into buying new, something I only ever do with carts/styluses!
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    I've been selling Croft since the early 80s and no owner has ever complained about the twin pots. I have had a handful of people put off buying because of twin pots but for those, the amps can be ordered with a single pot.

I've a 25R pre/7 power and actually quite like the twin pot arrangement on the 25R. What I didn't like were the knobs, like those shown in Dave's picture - they were soon removed and replaced by some "ordinary" round ones !

k
    k

NA Space Deck/NA Ace Space 12" arm/Benz Micro Wood SL - Noteworthy Phonote phono - Consonance CD120L CDP - Audion Select passive pre - Audion Silver Night Anniversary 300b power amp - Sugden A21a - ProAc Response D20R - Quadraspire Q4 rack

Michell GyroDec/AudioNote Arm ii/Ortofon Quintet Black - Silvercore "One to Ten" SUT - Croft RIAA - Marantz 6005 CD - Croft 25R Pre - Croft 7 Power - Heco Celan 300

I'm James.

I had a twin mono Croft 25 for a while. Thought I'd get used to the two volume pots but I never did, used to annoy the hell out of me to the point that I stopped using my analogue sources as much. I just left the 2 pots at the halfway point and used the volume control on my streamer setup This was part of the reason I changed to my current preamp. It DID sound good though
    Nottingham Analogue Spacedeck / Kuzma Stogi S / Benz Micro Ace S L
    Lenco L-75 / Carl Ellis Plinth / Ortofon AS-212 / Ortofon SPU Classic GM E MkII
    Ortofon ST-7 SUT / Nick G Modded Lentek Head Amp / Croft RIAA

Cambridge Audio CXU / Theta DS Pro Prime

Classé Model 30 / Luxman M-383

Usher Compass X-719

May contain opinions that others find disturbing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234