+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Croft - why 2 volume controls?

I'm Grant.

my mono power amps have a passive vc on them so i can adj for my position which is off to side. its very handy
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Alan.

Croft will add remote if you ask.
    I have also added remote control to items as well.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    my mono power amps have a passive vc on them so i can adj for my position which is off to side. its very handy
    That is useful in my set up actually, still rather a remote though!
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    Croft will add remote if you ask.
    I have also added remote control to items as well.
    OK cheers.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    That is useful in my set up actually, still rather a remote though!
    yup but once set are never moved. i have a remote on the amp i use as a pre.. the quad vena2.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    I used the Croft Micro with a Quad 405 Mk2 and 606 power amp with great results. In fact I ran this set up for years. The only one downside is you may find the gain a little high. Never troubled me but some folk are sensitive to it.
    Thanks james, seems to be a popular combo, at the minute I'm using a Khozmo passive which has quite a lean sound, which is intolerable with some music but great with others.

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    Thanks james, seems to be a popular combo, at the minute I'm using a Khozmo passive which has quite a lean sound, which is intolerable with some music but great with others.
    Not keen on Passives myself Mike, they always seem to lack meat on the bone.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Don.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    It gives better channel separation, less crosstalk. In theory at least.

Also lets you adjust balance without having a balance control knob in circuit too.

I've had a few amps with L and R volume controls including a Croft, never found it to be any bother at all.
    +1

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Not keen on Passives myself Mike, they always seem to lack meat on the bone.
    Until you hear a good one, not routing audio signals through potentiometers or via stepped attenuator switched resistors.
    https://robmid42.wixsite.com/diyaudi...ich-ldr-preamp

I'm Richard.

Default Croft 25 and remote control

I have a croft 25 with a single stereo pot (the zero gain version that sees to be better with quad/leak power amps) so they can clearly be ordered that way (I think that the stereo pot version is more popular overseas - there are plenty that turn up on the German audio websites)
    That said I have also used the 2 mono pot preamps in the past (both DNM and Croft) and although its quirky you soon get used to it. Initially I worried that perhaps I didn't have exactly the same volume from both channels but if the SQ is right, that worry evaporates pretty quickly.
    Audioflair will retro fit a remote control feature to the preamp - they are Croft dealers and the remote option is listed on their website.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast