+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Brian Walden RIP

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Neil.

Default Brian Walden RIP

I just heard the sad news that, in my view, one of the countries best ever political interviewers has died.

I used to greatly enjoy his style and tenacity. I used to look forward to watching Weekend World the show he hosted.

Last edited by Spectral Morn; 12-05-2019 at 21:36.
    Regards Neil

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Oh what a great shame, I always thought he was very good...
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    Oh what a great shame, I always thought he was very good...
    Yes

I think current affairs programs these days are missing a talent like his, politicians get away with too much.
    Regards Neil

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral Morn View Post
    politicians get away with too much.
    I totally agree Neil...
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral Morn View Post
    Yes

I think current affairs programs these days are missing a talent like his, politicians get away with too much.
    When he got one between his teeth he was like a bulldog. Not too much of that about, which is a shame. RIP Brian, and when you see Maggie up there, give her some more shit.

What am I talking about? She's not up there!
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Joe.

That programme also brought us Nantucket Sleigh Ride.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Yes, Brian Walden was one of the first of a new breed of political interviewers who were persistent and challenging in his approach. He wasn't alone, but he was one of the first.

I disagree that modern interviewers let the interviewee get away with too much; if anything, some of them have their own political views which clearly colours their approach.

RIP Brian
    Barry

I'm Steve.

I don't want the interviewers to air their own opinions, I just like seeing the interviewees squirm.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

+ Reply to Thread