+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: That 'New' Royd Audio - What Happened?

I'm Bill.

Well said Adam!
    Chord Mojo / Sennheiser HD600

I'm Martin.

well Im glad you have replied. Its not a thread I would have started as I wished you every success.

On balance I was behind using the Royd name as it was available. Others pointed out the obvious that it would not be a Royd. I cant disagree with them but I did think that it would be nice touch to use the name with a quality speaker

Maybe the issue is that it was always going to be a brand people get precious over. Its not like a Chinese industry continuing on with one of the volume brands.

I havent heard them and I would have hoped you continue on with a small bookshelf model etc. As I said I am interested in new speakers being launched and what that entails. It is a competitive market with plenty of choice so I understand the need for a selling point

I have nothing to gloat about. I dont think your venture was met with resistance or venom and am sorry if you feel I have jumped on the bandwagon of armchair criticism

I'm Adam.

I apologise as those comments weren't aimed at you at all - I was speaking of when I first started and the criticism I received. If you are ever my way then I would be delighted for you to come have a drink and have a listen...

Quote Originally Posted by Minstrel SE View Post
    well Im glad you have replied. Its not a thread I would have started as I wished you every success.

On balance I was behind using the Royd name as it was available. Others pointed out the obvious that it would not be a Royd. I cant disagree with them but I did think that it would be nice touch to use the name with a quality speaker

Maybe the issue is that it was always going to be a brand people get precious over. Its not like a Chinese industry continuing on with one of the volume brands.

I havent heard them and I would have hoped you continue on with a small bookshelf model etc. As I said I am interested in new speakers being launched and what that entails. It is a competitive market with plenty of choice so I understand the need for a selling point

I have nothing to gloat about. I dont think your venture was met with resistance or venom and am sorry if you feel I have jumped on the bandwagon of armchair criticism

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by smallangryboy View Post
    I find it truly sad that efforts to bring back a uniquely British audio company and give consumers more choice than the Chinese owned alternatives were met with so much resistance and outright venom. It is a tough and overcrowded space and a challenge for sure. I'd welcome anyone here to step up and try, we need more genuine British audio brands.
    Totally agree Adam well said
    Coherent Systems
    Real high end sound with musicality not hifi

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourneendboy View Post
    Well said Adam!
    Cheers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123