+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ming Da Integrated Power amplifier MC368-B 902

I'm Simon.

Thanks Grant, i remember you showing interest the last time one was for sale.

I'm Ian.

I'm ashamed to say I've had three of these amps and all were excellent. The first two were Mk1's like this one - more attractive than the all black later ones. The first went because I wanted more power for the speakers I was using at the time, the second because I was in a box reducing mood. It wasn't because of sound quality which is superb. The second and now the third have been modified by Mark at Ming Da with replacement caps which brings further improvements for not much money. I've also found that using an active pre adds something I like so I'm off to Mark's again to have one of the inputs connected direct i.e. bypassing the volume pot. This third one is not going anywhere

Good luck with sale.

I'm Simon.

That's very interesting, i did'nt know about this active pre mod that Mark offers. Infact thats ruffled my feathers a bit because i would have taken a different route if i had of known about this before!

I'm Martin.

I would assume it is a case of taking the existing volume pot out of the circuit, not the addition of an active stage ?

I'm Ian.

To be clear, Mark is adding a switch and relay to one set of inputs so they can either go direct to the power amp or via the volume pot. You do need a separate pre amp to use the Piccolo as a power amp.

I'm Simon.

Now sold, thanks for any interest.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12