+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: Hypex Ncore Monoblocks

I'm Avinash.

Default FS: Hypex Ncore Monoblocks

My spring clearance continues with some of the best sounding amps irrespective of price. This is a pair of Monoblocks making a stereo pair. Balanced Inputs. Iconic Brian Putzey design. Read the reviews if you are not familiar with the Ncores. £799 for the pair excluding postage.fullsizeoutput_2eb by themystical2012, on Flickrfullsizeoutput_2e9 by themystical2012, on Flickr

lordmortlock Guest

Quote Originally Posted by themystical View Post
    My spring clearance continues with some of the best sounding amps irrespective of price. This is a pair of Monoblocks making a stereo pair. Balanced Inputs. Iconic Brian Putzey design. Read the reviews if you are not familiar with the Ncores. £799 for the pair excluding postage.fullsizeoutput_2eb by themystical2012, on Flickrfullsizeoutput_2e9 by themystical2012, on Flickr
    Quite a guy that Brian Putzey. Is he related to Bruno by any chance?

I'm Avinash.

Quote Originally Posted by lordmortlock View Post
    Quite a guy that Brian Putzey. Is he related to Bruno by any chance?
    You are right it’s Bruno.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Alan.

Very nice... I'll bet these are quite wonderful...
    'ANDSOME IN THE SUMMER..'ORIBBLE IN THE WINTER. Barney Milne

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

I'm Avinash.

Quote Originally Posted by mad-moon View Post
    Very nice... I'll bet these are quite wonderful...
    They saw off all my other many valve and solid state amps. I am only selling because I now have individual ncores for each of my bass, midrange and tweeter in each of my speaker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Avinash.

Up

I'm Ian.

Can I ask did you build these yourself? Which Ncore modules are they and what power supplies are used? Any chance of a pic of the insides?

Thanks.

I'm Avinash.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlenco View Post
    Can I ask did you build these yourself? Which Ncore modules are they and what power supplies are used? Any chance of a pic of the insides?

Thanks.
    Hi Ian. These are only available DIY from Hypex. The OEM versions of these amps cost many thousands of pounds. Yes I did build them myself. Each monoblock consists of a NC400 amplifier module coupled to a SMPS600 power supply. Its power rating is 400W at 4 Ohms and 200W at 8 ohms. Powerful and effortless! These saw off many valve and solid state amps that I had. I now have Ncores driving each driver in my speaker (Bass, Midrange, Tweeter - 6 Modules in total) hence the reason for the sale.

IMG_0459 by themystical2012, on Flickr

I'm Ian.

Thanks Avinash, that's what I expected re contents. The cases made me wonder as they are not like the current NC400 kits. Food for thought.

I'm Avinash.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlenco View Post
    Thanks Avinash, that's what I expected re contents. The cases made me wonder as they are not like the current NC400 kits. Food for thought.
    Hypex didn't include cases with the kits they sold at the time. This case with speaker terminals and IEC inlet etc. came from an American supplier Ghent? from memory. Feel free to make me an offer if you are interested.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast