+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Audioplan Mains Distribution System

I'm John.

Default Audioplan Mains Distribution System

I have decided to sell my Audioplan mains distribution system comprising a PowerStar SII seven-way mains distribution block, a Fine Filter System Filter and a PowerPlant 100.

Audioplan is a well regarded German company that was extolling the virtues of a clean mains supply well over 30 years ago and long before the concept was recognised in the UK. In keeping with German tradition their products are carefully designed, manufactured to a high standard and offer audiophile performance.

PowerStar SII RRP £550

The PowerStar S is designed and built in Germany to UK specification. According to Audioplan it is a highly advanced and patented star-earthed mains power distribution unit with 7 high grade UK mains outlets (MK). The design of the PowerStar minimizes the differences emanating from the plug position of components called equalizing currents, which flow through the audio frequency lines to compensate for dynamic potential differences from the power mains. The PowerStar removes these differences and establishes a direct reference to the main component in the system, the preamp or the power amp.
    This represents a decisive advantage in comparison to more conventional power distribution units. The PowerStar S is additionally fitted with Antispike component feet to provide maximum protection for acoustic vibration and give regulated damping to this unique product and comes complete with a high quality power cord fitted with a C19 plug.
    SPECIFICATIONS
    Supply voltage: 240 V AC
    Power rating: 16 A
    Output: 7 UK sockets, binding post for ground-connection
    Internal Wiring: Silver plated pure copper conductors with 3mm2
    Enclosure: Resin and 3 mm thick aluminium bolted together with 6 posts made from AntiSpikes
    Feet: Additional AntiSpike bottom plate and AntiSpike component feet.
    Cable: PowerCord S 1.5 m, other lengths on order
    Size: Diameter 22 cm, height 11 cm (incl. feet)
    Weight: 2.4 kg including 1.5 m cable (integral cable included in sale)

In excellent condition and complete with separate Audioplan power cable and original box. Asking £200 plus postage.

Fine Filter S RRP £595

According to Audioplan ''The FineFilter is a primary filter and is a highly resistant, universally applicable collective filter for audio and video systems with such low impendence, that even the largest power amps can be accommodated without any loss of dynamics. This is achieved utilising the highest quality components, manual wiring, and customising some of the components. The built-in safety reserve is to very high audiophile standards. The components of the FineFilter S can therefore withstand continuous current of 25 amps. This ensures that even the most extreme current peaks can flow without being limited by the filter. It also ensures the filter itself does not generate any interference due to saturation or overload effects (giving long-term stability). The filter is used to filter out audio interference, which would otherwise reach the system through the power mains and as such, it represents a vital component in the Audioplan Power system.
    SPECIFICATIONS
    Supply voltage: 240 V
    Power rating: 10 A continuous, 16 A 40% ED
    Over voltage protection: Yes
    Filter characteristics: 3, switchable
    Ground filter: Yes, switchable
    Design: Hand-wired, moulded against microphonics
    Enclosure: 5 mm cast aluminium
    Supply: Hard wired 0.85 m PowerCord S''

In excellent condition with original box. Can be positioned in front of the PowerStar (or any other) distribution block to improve system performance.

Asking £220 plus postage.

PowerPlant 100 S RRP £625

According to Audioplan ''The PowerPlant 100S is a secondary filter (to be used after the FineFilter S or similar) to decouple components from the mains and to prevent them from emitting RF interference into the power line as well as to protect them from power interference. The unique design incorporates multiple nested windings, numerous layers of shielding and a specially made and tuned filter components to provide filtration and high levels of ‘reverse damping’.
    The PowerPlant S is extremely effective with a wide range of AV components, including digital products such as CD Players, DACs, DVDs. It can also be utilised very effectively with Phono preamplifiers and Tuners.
    SPECIFICATIONS
    Supply voltage: 240 V
    Power rating: 100 VA continuous
    Overload protection: Thermal
    Filter: 6-level nesting
    Output: Floating, zero direct current
    Design: Hand-wired, moulded against microphonics
    Enclosure: 5 mm cast aluminium
    Supply: Hard wired 0.85 m PowerCord S ''

Although the most expensive of the three items being offered for sale and in good working order, please note that the plastic housing containing the internal fuse is damaged. Having experienced worthwhile improvements with upgraded fuses in mains plugs I decided to check the fuses on the FineFilter and PowerPlant with a view to possibly upgrading them. The fuse in the FineFilter screws into the enclosure and was easily removed, however, it transpires that the fuse in the PowerPlant is a push and twist design which when I tried to unscrew it broke the plastic securing lugs. Unfortunately, the fuse holder cannot be removed from the enclosure because it and the transformer are completely potted in resonance reducing mastic and are inaccessible. I secured the broken fuse holder back in place using heavy duty tape (see photo) and have since used the PowerPlant without problem. The use of tape does mean that the fuse can still be accessed if required.

No original box but will be well packed in an alternative box. Asking just £125 plus postage bearing mind the damaged fuse holder.

Reviews:-

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...7MFsKf9WhdDgUq

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...2YmEoIC4vbAtb6

I'm Geoff.

Nice to see a sale listing done properly with clear description, specs and prices, plus decent photos!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm John.

Thanks for the kind comments Geoff,

As I regularly say to my wife, ''I'm only here to please!''

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Nice to see a sale listing done properly with clear description, specs and prices, plus decent photos!
    +1 Well done John!
    Barry

I'm John.

Perhaps it is worth mentioning that while Audioplan understandably advise there to be cumulative benefits in using these various items together, they can each be used individually with positive results.

In my case, I got a home trial of the PowerStar distribution block together with a MusicWorks Reflex Lite block around 3 years ago. In my system, both blocks immediately offered a noticeable improvement on my existing block and there was little to choose between them. I decided to purchase the PowerStar on account of its rather unusual design, the seven sockets and the fact that it was cheaper. The Fine Filter and PowerPlant units were acquired later.

I'm Dominic.

It was odd reading the review I wrote for Hifipig regarding these same items.

As I recall, I didn't truly realise how good these units were until I took them out of my system and put my own block back in again which cost a jolly sight more than the Audioplan. For that reason alone the asking price for this set is not to be sneezed at and that seventh socket is a real bonus, even if the missus plugs the vacuum cleaner into it like mine did
    CD player = Marantz CD6006
    DAC/pre = Rotel RC 1572
    Power amp = ADA PF201
    Speaks = Quadral Chromium Style 6

I'm John.

A couple of enquiries in relation to individual items but all three components currently still available.

I'm John.

FineFilter now SOLD.

PowerStar mains block and Power Plant filter still available.

I'm John.

PowerStar and Power Plant both now sold stp.

+ Reply to Thread