+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What tonearm does one aspire to own.

I'm Paul.

A reed 3P or come to think of it any reed arm I would love to own, 2nd choice would be the Tri-Planar Ultimate 2.
    HI-FI SYSTEM:-
    Revox B250 Amp.
    Revox PR 99 mk2 R2R.
    Revox B126 C/D Player.
    Yamaha GT2000 T/Table with Shure MKIV Cartridge and Jeco VN-45HE SAS/R Stylus.
    Bang & Olufsen Beolab18's and the 19 Sub Speakers.

A/V 5.1 System :-
    Soundsend Wisa box.
    Harmen Kardon front and rear satellite.
    Legend 10.2 Silverback Active Centre.

I'm Alex.

I sold my Acos Lustre GST1 about 30 years ago. I wish I hadn't, so easy to set up, easily adjustable everything. Been looking for one again.

I'm reasonably happy with my Ortofon RS212 and TD124 II, Not put LP's on for some years. Must get round to it.
    Spendorman

I'm openingabottleofwine.

No real aspirations. I already own three quality arms:

Breuer Dynamic 5A

Brinkmann 10.5

Ikeda-modified Ortofon 309i

plus several SMEs.
    Barry

I'm Adam.

I want an SME V and have done since it came out. My 309 is brilliant and I love it, but it’s not a V.

One day...
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Graham.

Basis Superarm, by all accounts this betters my Vector 4 by some margin,but at a starting price the wrong side of 15K and no UK dealers its never going to happen.
    Analogue. Basis signature 2200,Basis Vector 4.Koetsu Red,Koetsu SUT,NVO SPA 11.
    Digital. Denon 2900,Jolida FX 11
    Amp. Pathos Logos,Minidsp dirac 22A.
    Speakers. Amphion Xenon.
    Airlink CBS 2000 bps

I'm Nari.

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    I want an SME V and have done since it came out. My 309 is brilliant and I love it, but it’s not a V.

One day...
    Would most certainly be lovely on the amazing Nakamichi
    Most important and used Walker Black Diamond Etsuro Gold, Micro Seiki 8000mk2 Kondo special V12 Tiger Eye, Fidelity Research FR 66 Shindo spu, EMT 927, sme 312 aluminium. Fidelity research fr66, Sme 3012 mk1, Sme V, Ikeda 407 IT Sme Model 30/2/Dynavector 507 Kodo Beat Turntable Airtangent 10B modified Fidelity fr66s Etsuro Cartridge . Kondo Gakuoh Mk1 powers G70 Pre,Audio Tekne TFA-8695PCS pre Audio Tekne TEA 8695 Phono. Lfd Battery Phono Stage heavily custom rebuilt by Dr Richard Bews, Tharx Phono Stage. Lfd Master Dual Biamp power amp, Lfd Anniversary master preamp. Shindo Latour Field Coil. Rockport Cygnus Biamped, Voigt Domestic Corner Horns/ Feastex Fildcoils. LFD Custom silver Ribbons. LFD Diamond Vipor Mk2 interconnects, Lfd Golden Cobra interconnect. Koetsu blue lace mono special order, Koetsu burma jade mono special order.

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post

One day...
    I was talking with a friendly, very knowledgeable and respected dealer a few days ago about arms and part of the conversation was about SME V arms. His view was their performance and clarity can vary greatly, he says this is primarily due to the difficulty setting them up in production with the spring mechanism, and if it is not right they can sound a little lack lustre, SME IV's do not have this issue. So if you go for one audition it specifically to ensure it sounds right for you in your TT.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Michael.

I really love ❤️ my Glanz MH-94S! It‘s an „old-school“ tonearm made completely from stainless steel, is a joy to use, easy to set up, gives every possibly adjustment (including azimuth!) and sounds simply magnificent!
    I‘ve owned quite a lot of tonearms including Linn Ittok, Ekos, Well-tempered, SME V and M2-9r, even an EMT 929 but the Glanz easily beats everyone! The only downside is the price.
    Currently it sits on my (new) Technics 1200G and makes my SPUs sing 🎶.

I'm Michael.

Here it is

Look also at the Ammonite Audio tonearm base how it fits perfectly and looks magnificent!

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

I'm Wayne.

Not a fan of SME V having owned one, just not to my taste.

Have no further aspirations for a tonearm having bought a Sindre with Bergmann's wonderful air fed linear tracker.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast