+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What tonearm does one aspire to own.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Vrajbasi View Post
    For many owning a Sme Series V arm was a real aspiration these days there are so many choices from the likes of Glanz, Ikeda, bergman, graham, timestep and for deep pockets the Sat etc the choices are unlimited. Cost no object what would one aspire to own as a end game choice.

For me its rather difficult as I like owning a few.

My current likes are

1. Acoustical systems Axiom which seems to work great on my EMT 927 extremly detailed with a great sence of space.

2. Fidelity Research FR66 for sheer scale and plushness.

3. Airtangent 10B very engaging midrange and wide soundstage the most un mechanical tonearm produced in my opinion.

4. Kondo sme v12 this variant of the V/12 seems to float my boat with its sence of solidity and authority and control needs to be partnered with cartridges carefully.

5. Graham Phantom elite 12" not to keen on the 9" elite but in my opinion the 12" variant is very musical great solidity in the bass with a liquid midrange.

6. Time step tonearm a total bargain if there ever was one.

7. Glanz these high mass tonearms need to be heard to be appreciated a real joy. Great sense of weight with a great sense of flow very engaging.
    Yes an Airtight would be nice.

You can buy 12 inch armwands for the Grahams, just buy one of those.

I would like to get an ET2 again, sold mine to a () who promised (condition of me selling it to him) to sell it back to me if he went to sell it. He didn't.

Other than that I am happy with what I have.
    Regards Neil

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by krugdoktor View Post
    Here it is

Look also at the Ammonite Audio tonearm base how it fits perfectly and looks magnificent!

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk
    Very nice. Looks great.
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

I'm Nari.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral Morn View Post
    Yes an Airtight would be nice.

You can buy 12 inch armwands for the Grahams, just buy one of those.

I would like to get an ET2 again, sold mine to a () who promised (condition of me selling it to him) to sell it back to me if he went to sell it. He didn't.

Other than that I am happy with what I have.
    ET2 is a magical tonearm, especially with high pressure manifold and a decent compressor
    Most important and used Walker Black Diamond Etsuro Gold, Micro Seiki 8000mk2 Kondo special V12 Tiger Eye, Fidelity Research FR 66 Shindo spu, EMT 927, sme 312 aluminium. Fidelity research fr66, Sme 3012 mk1, Sme V, Ikeda 407 IT Sme Model 30/2/Dynavector 507 Kodo Beat Turntable Airtangent 10B modified Fidelity fr66s Etsuro Cartridge . Kondo Gakuoh Mk1 powers G70 Pre,Audio Tekne TFA-8695PCS pre Audio Tekne TEA 8695 Phono. Lfd Battery Phono Stage heavily custom rebuilt by Dr Richard Bews, Tharx Phono Stage. Lfd Master Dual Biamp power amp, Lfd Anniversary master preamp. Shindo Latour Field Coil. Rockport Cygnus Biamped, Voigt Domestic Corner Horns/ Feastex Fildcoils. LFD Custom silver Ribbons. LFD Diamond Vipor Mk2 interconnects, Lfd Golden Cobra interconnect. Koetsu blue lace mono special order, Koetsu burma jade mono special order.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Vrajbasi View Post
    ET2 is a magical tonearm, especially with high pressure manifold and a decent compressor
    A tangential tone arm would be the only type that would interest me - but I'm put off by the short arm usually employed and the use of a (never completely silent) compressor.
    Barry

I'm Nari.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    A tangential tone arm would be the only type that would interest me - but I'm put off by the short arm usually employed and the use of a (never completely silent) compressor.
    Personally I find silent means low pressure high flow tonearms I like high pressure low flow which produces a leval of weight and scale that interests me with a solid well defined bass. I am using a very large industrial dental compressor with silica crystal filters by wilkerson and refrigeration all needed to get the bass weight I need with a grainless full midrange this is with the Airtangent 10b. Its been a long road to get exactly what I wanted.

That said the japanese cs port with its totally silent compressor is mighty fine at 50k
    Most important and used Walker Black Diamond Etsuro Gold, Micro Seiki 8000mk2 Kondo special V12 Tiger Eye, Fidelity Research FR 66 Shindo spu, EMT 927, sme 312 aluminium. Fidelity research fr66, Sme 3012 mk1, Sme V, Ikeda 407 IT Sme Model 30/2/Dynavector 507 Kodo Beat Turntable Airtangent 10B modified Fidelity fr66s Etsuro Cartridge . Kondo Gakuoh Mk1 powers G70 Pre,Audio Tekne TFA-8695PCS pre Audio Tekne TEA 8695 Phono. Lfd Battery Phono Stage heavily custom rebuilt by Dr Richard Bews, Tharx Phono Stage. Lfd Master Dual Biamp power amp, Lfd Anniversary master preamp. Shindo Latour Field Coil. Rockport Cygnus Biamped, Voigt Domestic Corner Horns/ Feastex Fildcoils. LFD Custom silver Ribbons. LFD Diamond Vipor Mk2 interconnects, Lfd Golden Cobra interconnect. Koetsu blue lace mono special order, Koetsu burma jade mono special order.

I'm Carl.

I’m a tone arm whore and so already have a few of the usual classics (SME V, FR64s, FR64fx, Phantom and Cyalene to name the best ones. I’ve owned many others too but still on the list to try would be a Triplanar (cos my TT came with a spare armboard for one :-)), a Reed, a Schroeder and a Bruer. I also want to try some more 12 inch tonearms and covet a classic 3012 or a modern SME 12”er and a 12” Moerch. Basically I love tonearms and want to try them all really. If they weren’t so expensive these days, I’d just collect them to own but I will buy almost any arm if it’s well priced and in lovely condition. I find places for them to reside later.

I'm Retief.

Mine would be a more boring and “realistic” choice, owning and loving my Origin Live Conqueror 3C arm, I would love to own the top of the range Enterprise 3C.

A pipe dream is to one day restore and build a classic Garrard or Thorens into a nice wooden plinth with a matching 12” arm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Retief
    Analogue: Origin Live Resolution mk2,OL Encounter mk3c,MM III and isolator.Digital:CA 840C.Amplification:Croft RIAA R, Icon Audio LA4mkii,Icon Audio MB845 signature version.Speakers: Kef Reference 203/2 Cables: Mark Grant G2000HD. Speaker cable Van Damme Hi-Fi UP-LCOFC.Headphone: Grado PS1000,HD650,HD600,Icon Audio HP8 RCM DIY Moth

I'm John.

For me it has to be the 14" Kuzma 4 Point, think it would also look the dogs danglies on my Brinkmann Bardo.

I'm Charlie.

Quote Originally Posted by topoxforddoc View Post
    Schroeder Reference for me - and it's just arrived!

It will go with my Schroeder Model 2 on my Platine Verdier
    It's arrived - Schroeder Reference Cocobolo 9 inch with Allaerts MC1B

R2R: Studer A820 1/2 inch 2 track; Otari MTR-12 1/4 inch 2 track; Sony APR 5003; Sony APR 5002; Studer A807/II. Vinyl: Platine Verdier Allaerts MC1B/Schroeder Reference & Model 2 Decca C4E/Hadcock 228 TRON Seven Reference phono. Keith Monks MkII RCM Other analogue source: Nakamichi Dragon with ANT4066 mods. Amplification: TRON Meteor preamp TRON Voyager 20B SET power. Speakers: Avantgarde Duo. Digital: computing at last with Prism Sound Lyra 2 A2D converter

I'm Adam.

Actually, although I stand by my everlasting adoration of the SME V, I have to confess I was rather taken by the Reed 5T parallel tracker at Munich. That looks a very interesting thing.
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast