+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 60

Thread: Orchard Audio's PecanPi - Review

  1. #11
    Join Date: Feb 2013

    Location: W Lothian

    Posts: 58,257
    I'm Grant.

    Default

    Jriver latest version.. 25 is very good. I use both it and audirvana. Both can be used with a rpi volumio package easily.. AV is easiest and it pulls in tidal too.
    Using currently a digione which is excellent into my vena2's coaxial input. I also can take either straight from usb through a ifi purifier which is also superb.
    I've 2 laptops that can be used.
    I've even digitised my vinyl replay on the fly a to d straight from my project stage.
    I'm very digi orientated lol
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ

    I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/PROJECT PHONOBOX DS2 USB - QUAD VENA 2 - IFI PURIFIER 2/TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK POWER AMPLIFIERS - LEAF HD BLUETOOTH - OPPO PM-3 PLANAR, SONY H900 & NURAPHONE HEADPHONES - ZBOOK/ IFI SILENCER/WIN10 PRO/AUDIRVANA 3 PLUS/TIDAL - SMSL M6 DAC & IFI SILENCER - RPI 3+, DIGIONE HAT/VOLUMIO2 - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN SPEAKERS - CABLE INC CHORD, MOGAMI, SUPRA & WIREWORLD

    **Men are not punished for their sins, but by them**
    ***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

  2. #12
    Join Date: Nov 2015

    Location: Wolverhampton

    Posts: 9,497
    I'm Oliver.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Jriver latest version.. 25 is very good. I use both it and audirvana. Both can be used with a rpi volumio package easily.. AV is easiest and it pulls in tidal too.
    Using currently a digione which is excellent into my vena2's coaxial input. I also can take either straight from usb through a ifi purifier which is also superb.
    I've 2 laptops that can be used.
    I've even digitised my vinyl replay on the fly a to d straight from my project stage.
    I'm very digi orientated lol
    A digital wizard ay!

    I'm using an older version of Jriver as I got it for free.

    I'm told if you buy a new version of it, you get 12 serial numbers for it. I might see if anyone wants too group buy.
    Analogue: Technics SP10 MK2 > Phonomac AT-1010 MK6 tonearm > Ortofon Kontrapunkt b > Bigbottle Jfet MC Valve Phonostage (Telefunken Valves)
    Digital: Raspberry Pi 3+/Allo Boss 1.2/Isolator 1.3 & Firebottle LPSU with Volumio & JRiver
    Amplification: Nelson Pass Derived DCB1 with Khozmo 48 Step Series Attenuator & Neurochrome Modulus 686 Amplifier
    Cables: SPOTFIRE Speaker Cable & SPOTFIRE IC Cables & SPOTFIRE Tonearm cable
    Speakers: Pioneer CS-77A

    Price List For SPOTFIRE Cables here:https://bit.ly/2Uxiv3j

    Alternative reading: http://www.audioaddictsforum.com

  3. #13
    Join Date: Aug 2009

    Location: Staffordshire, England

    Posts: 26,166
    I'm Martin.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Great point Jim. I spent around £300 getting the Boss to its level and for a few extra quid (whilst on preorder) the PecanPi is a step ahead. Just need to get that channel balance and noise sorted, whatever the reason for it is, and it's a great product.
    Needs to sort that power cable socket being right next to the line input too. That's not good.

    Great review BTW
    Current Lash Up:

    *Sony SCD XB790QS* Nelson Pass DCB1 / Krell KSA100 mkII * JM Lab Electra 926 *


    'You fool! To think that your ape-brain could contain the full knowledge of the Krell!'

  4. #14
    Join Date: Feb 2016

    Location: Melksham, Wiltshire

    Posts: 634
    I'm Peter.

    Default

    Oliver,

    I haven't got a downer on JRIVER I think it quite decent.

    However, the Roon endpoint connection analogy for a particular bit of kit is an end game answer.

    No noise... Just music tailored to a particular bit of kit.

    If you want to try the Katana, you are most welcome but it does require two linear power supplies which I could include, and a structured power on regime.

    How this would fair via Jriver is unknown., but I sure know it works via Roon.

    My kit is all Pathos InPower Mono's, / Incontrol pre so not much difference to your Krell ksa 100

    Getting it all to you is another matter.

    Anyway.... Food for thought!!!






    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #15
    Join Date: Feb 2013

    Location: W Lothian

    Posts: 58,257
    I'm Grant.

    Default

    Well you get to Install it 10/12 times a year. You can install on more than 1 pc too although they should be yours.
    Price wise it's not so expensive as the likes of AV.
    And even cheaper if you upgrade from an older version.. One for future. Think 25 cost me 17 quid
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ

    I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/PROJECT PHONOBOX DS2 USB - QUAD VENA 2 - IFI PURIFIER 2/TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK POWER AMPLIFIERS - LEAF HD BLUETOOTH - OPPO PM-3 PLANAR, SONY H900 & NURAPHONE HEADPHONES - ZBOOK/ IFI SILENCER/WIN10 PRO/AUDIRVANA 3 PLUS/TIDAL - SMSL M6 DAC & IFI SILENCER - RPI 3+, DIGIONE HAT/VOLUMIO2 - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN SPEAKERS - CABLE INC CHORD, MOGAMI, SUPRA & WIREWORLD

    **Men are not punished for their sins, but by them**
    ***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

  6. #16
    Join Date: Apr 2017

    Location: Manningtree, Essex

    Posts: 964
    I'm Tony.

    Default

    Good review Oli.

    I’d certainly be interested in a Katana v Pecan review using Tidal streaming as the source ( independent of process/program used to create the digital source. )




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A mainly digital setup with a musical amplifier and endearing 1970's speakers. A CD player that hardly ever gets used and a turntable that is good enough to remind my how enjoyable my old vinyl is. Some cables and things.

  7. #17
    Join Date: Nov 2015

    Location: Wolverhampton

    Posts: 9,497
    I'm Oliver.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boyse6748 View Post
    Oliver,

    I haven't got a downer on JRIVER I think it quite decent.

    However, the Roon endpoint connection analogy for a particular bit of kit is an end game answer.

    No noise... Just music tailored to a particular bit of kit.

    If you want to try the Katana, you are most welcome but it does require two linear power supplies which I could include, and a structured power on regime.

    How this would fair via Jriver is unknown., but I sure know it works via Roon.

    My kit is all Pathos InPower Mono's, / Incontrol pre so not much difference to your Krell ksa 100

    Getting it all to you is another matter.

    Anyway.... Food for thought!!!






    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Cool, I have two LPSUS so that wouldn't be a problem.

    Royal mail could take care of in-between!

    Drop me a pm if you're up for the Katana being here for a week. No more, as I wouldn't want to deprive you.
    Analogue: Technics SP10 MK2 > Phonomac AT-1010 MK6 tonearm > Ortofon Kontrapunkt b > Bigbottle Jfet MC Valve Phonostage (Telefunken Valves)
    Digital: Raspberry Pi 3+/Allo Boss 1.2/Isolator 1.3 & Firebottle LPSU with Volumio & JRiver
    Amplification: Nelson Pass Derived DCB1 with Khozmo 48 Step Series Attenuator & Neurochrome Modulus 686 Amplifier
    Cables: SPOTFIRE Speaker Cable & SPOTFIRE IC Cables & SPOTFIRE Tonearm cable
    Speakers: Pioneer CS-77A

    Price List For SPOTFIRE Cables here:https://bit.ly/2Uxiv3j

    Alternative reading: http://www.audioaddictsforum.com

  8. #18
    Join Date: Nov 2015

    Location: Wolverhampton

    Posts: 9,497
    I'm Oliver.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mightymonoped View Post
    Good review Oli.

    I’d certainly be interested in a Katana v Pecan review using Tidal streaming as the source ( independent of process/program used to create the digital source. )




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Could be done!
    Analogue: Technics SP10 MK2 > Phonomac AT-1010 MK6 tonearm > Ortofon Kontrapunkt b > Bigbottle Jfet MC Valve Phonostage (Telefunken Valves)
    Digital: Raspberry Pi 3+/Allo Boss 1.2/Isolator 1.3 & Firebottle LPSU with Volumio & JRiver
    Amplification: Nelson Pass Derived DCB1 with Khozmo 48 Step Series Attenuator & Neurochrome Modulus 686 Amplifier
    Cables: SPOTFIRE Speaker Cable & SPOTFIRE IC Cables & SPOTFIRE Tonearm cable
    Speakers: Pioneer CS-77A

    Price List For SPOTFIRE Cables here:https://bit.ly/2Uxiv3j

    Alternative reading: http://www.audioaddictsforum.com

  9. #19
    Join Date: Apr 2017

    Location: Manningtree, Essex

    Posts: 964
    I'm Tony.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Could be done!
    Would certainly be interested in this one.

    Remove the variables of ripping source, and also remove the USB transport issues by using Tidal HiFi source via ethernet and you should have a reasonably objective review (at least as far as the resultant sound characteristics of the two DACs in the same system are concerned).


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A mainly digital setup with a musical amplifier and endearing 1970's speakers. A CD player that hardly ever gets used and a turntable that is good enough to remind my how enjoyable my old vinyl is. Some cables and things.

  10. #20
    Join Date: Nov 2015

    Location: Wolverhampton

    Posts: 9,497
    I'm Oliver.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mightymonoped View Post
    Would certainly be interested in this one.

    Remove the variables of ripping source, and also remove the USB transport issues by using Tidal HiFi source via ethernet and you should have a reasonably objective review (at least as far as the resultant sound characteristics of the two DACs in the same system are concerned).


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes, I'd be happy to do so but if both units are using the same source, they both have the same stream to deal with.
    Analogue: Technics SP10 MK2 > Phonomac AT-1010 MK6 tonearm > Ortofon Kontrapunkt b > Bigbottle Jfet MC Valve Phonostage (Telefunken Valves)
    Digital: Raspberry Pi 3+/Allo Boss 1.2/Isolator 1.3 & Firebottle LPSU with Volumio & JRiver
    Amplification: Nelson Pass Derived DCB1 with Khozmo 48 Step Series Attenuator & Neurochrome Modulus 686 Amplifier
    Cables: SPOTFIRE Speaker Cable & SPOTFIRE IC Cables & SPOTFIRE Tonearm cable
    Speakers: Pioneer CS-77A

    Price List For SPOTFIRE Cables here:https://bit.ly/2Uxiv3j

    Alternative reading: http://www.audioaddictsforum.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast



 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •