+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: Jon Espley Matteis Jordan Transmission Lines

I'm Lawrence.

Default FS: Jon Espley Matteis Jordan Transmission Lines

Lovely speakers, I hadn't realised how coherent single driver speakers sounded and I'd been put off in the past by hearing Lowther and Fostex designs (I know they've got their fans but they're not too my taste.) When I heard these I was surprised how close they were in range and balance to the speakers I was used to and yet had a "really there" kind of sound I'd not heard from multiple driver designs without spending silly money.

They use the JX92S drivers and I would call them more of a rear horn loading really as I don't think there are any twisting passages inside and they flare out towards the bottom. It's a moot point anyway as they sound so good and go down nice and low, more than some speakers I've owned in the past.

These don't have concrete baffles like some of his designs but they are double thickness baffles (about 1.5" I think) which is more than enough for these drivers, thicker than any others I've had, up to 15"!

I've had a great time with them, but as always I'm keen to move on and try something different. I've been happier with them and kept them longer than most speakers that have been through the door in the last few years.

I'm asking a fair £295 for collection only please due to weight and size from North London N21 near the A1, A10, A406 etc.

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by walpurgis; 12-05-2019 at 07:52.

I'm Lawrence.

Forgot to say these are the "Matteis" model.

I'd be grateful if a mod could edit the title to add the word after the name Jon Espley please.

https://sites.google.com/site/mattei...-matteis-story

I'm Geoff.

Done!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm phil.

What amp have you been using them with.
    Modded td160 super Thorens ol encounter arm hana sl cart, angle audio studio pro mc virtual battery phono amp with separate psi, Onix pre and mono amps, Onix CD player, Onix BWD and soap tuner. B&W dm2 speakers or super pencil 12 speakers, atlas cables, seperate mains power supply with earth spike.

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Done!
    Thanks Geoff appreciate the swift response as ever

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by moodybuilder View Post
    What amp have you been using them with.
    A valve amp (Audioromy GU29) and a Tripath (ES Lab DX-S40). I sold the Audioromy as part of my ongoing clear out but it did sound very nice. Unf my long run system went include valves due to young children and sometimes having only 30 mins for a quick listen between usual child related chores or before bed and not wanting to worry about warm up times.

That said the Tripath is more than good enough. I think these like a bit of welly being metal cones so SETs are probably out compared to the paper cone drivers I said I wasn't so keen on.

I'm phil.

Thanks, I use my super pensil which are also metal cones, with solid state I think they work well together and yes I agree they do seem to like a bit of welly, ok I’m interested, I’ll have a think cheers
    Modded td160 super Thorens ol encounter arm hana sl cart, angle audio studio pro mc virtual battery phono amp with separate psi, Onix pre and mono amps, Onix CD player, Onix BWD and soap tuner. B&W dm2 speakers or super pencil 12 speakers, atlas cables, seperate mains power supply with earth spike.

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by moodybuilder View Post
    Thanks, I use my super pensil which are also metal cones, with solid state I think they work well together and yes I agree they do seem to like a bit of welly, ok I’m interested, I’ll have a think cheers
    Sure no rush but feel free to come round for a listen.

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post

I see the Sony's already occupying pride of place

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    I see the Sony's already occupying pride of place
    Yes it is thanks Roy and sounding great. I haven't got any records here so asked a mate to lend me one. As I couldn't vouch for the stylus he lent me a warped mono copy of the Pal Joey soundtrack - which I'm loving! Now I can see (or hear) why Tom and Adam are fans of mono pressings.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast