Hi All
Not sure where to start. I'm a bit of an audio philistine, I suppose. Moved (retired) to Fuerteventura in 2017, and decided I should replace my 40 y o JVC JAS31 and B&W 400 speakers. (The JVC is still going strong at a friend's - the rather beat-up B&Ws went on Freecycle). Paired a Cyrus 6a with Monitor Audio Bronze 5 speakers. Sounds easy when you say it quick, but doing anything even slightly out of the ordinary is 5x more difficult here than it would be in the UK. Got there eventually, tho'!

Found the new system provided a near astonishing improvement on the venerable setup it replaced, and concluded I should not have abandoned the upgrade path I had followed 40 years before. The Cyrus is now integrated into a crude 5.0 surround system,using cheapo Class D mono and stereo amps for the centre and rear speakers, via a mega cheapo 5.1 decoder (all the way from China!). My upgrade path is readily apparent

Forum blurb says to mention music preferences. Won't coincide with many musical tastes here, as it's mainly Metal, so I won't elaborate. Quick question: If I spend so much on upgrading it bleeds me dry, am I an audiophiliac?

Cheers,
Chris