+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: VHS hifi sound quality.

I'm mick.

Quote Originally Posted by kirstysdad View Post
    I had an AKAI top of the range VCR in 1990, audio level meters etc, could record at different speeds I recall. Blood excellent audio recording quality. Some bugger broke into the flat and stole it along with half my CD collection. Left the remote control though, the most complex I'd ever seen. Had pages that you turned to use different functions... VSF600 or something had 4 heads!!

Found one on ebay! https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-A...8AAOSwumNff4jT
    From experience,an excellent machine
    Nothin' I do don't seem to work ,it only seems to make matters worse!. Jagger/Richards

I'm Sandy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    Yes, I remember the instructions that came with the Sony, it was like a phone book lol.
    The actual remote control had pages! The instruction book was like the Sony's you describe. Don't think I got to read much of it before the machine was nicked...

I'm Mike.

I've read this thread with interest, back in the day 1990's i had an Akai VS A-650 which i used for recording my LP's onto as well as watching films obviously, i remember it gave far better SQ than the top of the line Akai cassette deck with the glass ferrite tape heads i had at the time, the good thing about the Akai VCR was that it had phono input and output and a variable phono out i had it hooked up to the stereo and was amazed at how good it was, i'm sure it had a half speed setting that apparently gave better quality recordings.

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234