+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ethernet cables

I'm David.

Default Ethernet cables

I have just received 2 Duronic ethernet cables, (as recommended by Bigman) to go between the wall socket and Sky router as well as one to go from router to dac/streamer. The second combination works fine, unfortunately the end fitment on the Sky cable is smaller. Does anyone know what type of cable goes between the wall socket and router and recommend a better cable since the one we have seems a bit weedy.

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Quote Originally Posted by antonio View Post
    I have just received 2 Duronic ethernet cables, (as recommended by Bigman) to go between the wall socket and Sky router as well as one to go from router to dac/streamer. The second combination works fine, unfortunately the end fitment on the Sky cable is smaller. Does anyone know what type of cable goes between the wall socket and router and recommend a better cable since the one we have seems a bit weedy.
    If by wall socket you mean a DSL outlet on a telephone socket, it's an RJ11 to RJ11 lead.
    The supplied lead will work just fine, but if you want to scratch that itch you could try something like this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5m-ADSL-2...gAAOSwT0pbw2Hl
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm David.

Thanks for that Stratmangler, just the info I needed.

+ Reply to Thread