+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Munich High End Show 2019

I'm Justin.

The local station for me.

For those that don't get it nevermind
    Last edited by User211; 09-05-2019 at 09:59.

I'm Justin.

Bingo.

I'm Justin.

D.Klimo sounding very valve like and warm playing some jazz.

A bit low res and soft for my tastes.

Nice TT though.

I'm Grant.

that'll be the valves doin' that

very high end looking gear Justin... hows the weather? its perishing here
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Justin.

It's nice. Quite warm. Like that Brodmann set up.

I'm Justin.

Acapella.

Some real low-fi here

Sounding very good on some female vocal.

I used Shazam to discover Stardust by Margareta Bengtson. https://www.shazam.com/track/204952227/stardust

Oddly there's a cone driver behind each white horn. And it's firing directly into it with about half its surface area.

It does sound glorious on mid range focused material in here, though.

That said Nils Lofgren's Keith Don't Go and.my system at home has it beat. Again there's a slight softness going on here. The steel string doesn't sound that steely.

Still pretty nice, though. It has mine beat for scale no question.
    Last edited by User211; 09-05-2019 at 11:14.

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    Acapella.

Some real low-fi here

Sounding very good on some female vocal.

I used Shazam to discover Stardust by Margareta Bengtson. https://www.shazam.com/track/204952227/stardust

Oddly there's a cone driver behind each white horn. And it's firing directly into it with about half its surface area.

It does sound glorious on mid range focused material in here, though.

That said Nils Lofgren's Keith Don't Go and.my system at home has it beat. Again there's a slight softness going on here. The steel string doesn't sound that steely.

Still pretty nice, though. It has mine beat for scale no question.
    No good for nearfield listening
    Source
    SW1X Universal Music Server UMS I Signature with Power Supply Unit PSU I Signature
    SW1X USB II
    SW1X DAC III Special
    Audiolab 6000 CDT transport
    Amps
    Pre amps -- Hi fi Collective twin mono ladder stepped attenuator, with Charcroft Z-foil and silver wired. And First Watt B1 active no gain buffer.
    Power amps -- Welborne 45 SET monoblocks 1.8W / Decware Taboo 6W / Elekit 300B TU-8600SVK plus further improved components 9W / ICE Power 1000W
    Speakers
    Highly modified Endorphin P17 open baffle speakers containing both vintage and modern alnico drivers and paper cones. All silver wired - 8" Cube Audio FC8 full range drivers and vintage 15" Altec VOTT 416 bass drivers. All sat on Townsend Audio Podium seismic isolation platforms.
    BK Electronics XLS400FF Sub.
    Cabling
    Silver mains cables, interconnects and speaker cables by SW1X
    Headphones
    HRT HeadStreamer and SennHeiser HD650 headphones

I'm Justin.

WTF?

Sounding insane playing this audiophile BS.

I used Shazam to discover Guimarães: Trilobita by Uakti. https://www.shazam.com/track/1006260...1;es-trilobita

Less convincing on Rodrigo Y Gabriela's Stairway but hey. Lacking bite and attack.

Good to 16Hz, made of a composite used in Formula 1.

Great scale. Very good on atmospheric stuff.

They just sound vast. Way bigger than the Acapellas did.

Must admit I am enjoying them. The top horn is throwing stuff everywhere LOL.
    Last edited by User211; 09-05-2019 at 11:56.

I'm Martin.

Power amps remind me of those 'foot spas' they advertise in the Sunday supplements.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

its got a feminine look to it... Quite like it actually
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast