+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Munich High End Show 2019

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    Brilliant web site. I wonder whose yacht - Vladimir Putin's perhaps?

Actually to be fair I thought the speakers did quite well from a pair of 300bs. When I asked the price I thought he said 140k Euros to start with and that almost seemed like 'yeah I guess' in a Munich context. But 440k is ... well ...
    I had a chat with him over a smoke and he showed me some in tank camouflage... looked pretty cool. 140K Euros is for just the speakers.

I heard a story about Italians not being able to buy anything for more than 500 Euros in cash in Italy at the moment and arriving at the show with suitcases full of it. That's AskJa's ideal customer. Mafiosi.
    Last edited by User211; 14-05-2019 at 11:26.
    "It's all a fix. It's all pretend. Government - is not your friend." The Dream and the Dreamer. Ian Brown.

I'm Grant.

Think it was 10k here. Was to defeat money laundering
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/PROJECT PHONOBOX DS2 USB - QUAD VENA 2 - IFI PURIFIER 2/TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK POWER AMPLIFIERS - LEAF HD BLUETOOTH - OPPO PM-3 PLANAR, SONY H900 & NURAPHONE HEADPHONES - ZBOOK/WIN10 PRO/AUDIRVANA 3 PLUS/TIDAL - SMSL M6 DAC & IFI SILENCER - RPI 3+, DIGIONE HAT/VOLUMIO2 - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN SPEAKERS - CABLE INC CHORD, MOGAMI, SUPRA & WIREWORLD

**Men are not punished for their sins, but by them**
    ***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Justin.

Here we go some Hi-Fu Deluxe vibe - just cos the music is kinda cool.

Northern Hemisphere - East Of Eden.

The OnePlus 6 mic sucks. But hey.

"It's all a fix. It's all pretend. Government - is not your friend." The Dream and the Dreamer. Ian Brown.

I'm Justin.

And the Alsyvox doing something. The CDP and the amp aesthetics, well, that a matter of taste, I guess. Somehow looks a bit cheap in the video. More convincing in real life.

I'm Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    And the Alsyvox doing something. The CDP and the amp aesthetics, well, that a matter of taste, I guess. Somehow looks a bit cheap in the video. More convincing in real life.

Quite thoughtfull really that you could listen to the hifi and practice your putting at the same time.
    Main: Speakers 'RFC' Tannoy Canterburys / custom crossovers with Tannoy ST50 supertweeters; Amp - Silvercore 833C monoblocks; Pre EAR 912; Vinyl: Thorens TD124 MkII + Ikeda IT345-CR1 9 inch and Ikeda IT-407 12 inch tonearms; Cartridges Stereo - Miyajima Madake, Miyajima Takumi, Ikeda 9TT, vintage Ortofon SPU GE; Mono - Miyajimas - Zero 0.7, Premium 1.0, Miyajima/Edison '78' 4.0 conical, and Shure M44 strapped for mono with several Expert Stylus conicals for different eras of 78s; Phono stage and SUT from EAR 912 + Miyajima ETR-Mono SUT; Esoteric Sound Re-Equalizer for equalisation of early mono and 78, switchable in from tape loop; Digital: Audio Note CDT2/II transport, heavily modded AN Kit DAC + Mutec MC3+USB.

Study: Speakers - Tannoy DC6; Amp: Sony TA-F3000ES; Digital: CDP Sony CDP-X3000ES & Arcam rBlink; Vinyl: Technics SL10 with Pickering TL-3.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

I'd just like to say that this is a brilliant thread, and a credit to AoS. So as usual, thanks to Justin for sharing his views and superb pictures of another major hi-fi show! Nice one, mate

I'll comment on some of the stuff later.

Marco.
    http://www.thestainedglasscompany.com

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

BE HAPPY EVERYDAY!

I'm Brian.

+1 for this . I'm abroad at the minute and have been thoroughly enjoying this thread on my pad .

Thanks Justin .

I will comment further when I get home
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server .
    DAC 3 French DAC
    Amplifier : Rega Brio R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Chord Epic Twin

I'm Justin.

The East of Eden track used in the FM Acoustics video was an LP that the demonstrator explained was better as a US pressing than a UK one.

When he showed both copies, despite being on the same label, the UK version used about 2cm less of the available space per side.

As an American, he was taking great glee in making it clear the US pressing was superior.

Wanker.

Mind you, he was right.

Double wanker.

(Best read in jest as that's the intent).
    Last edited by User211; 14-05-2019 at 13:21.

I'm Justin.

New DAC from Thomas Meyer.

Nice, looks affordable maybe... want, want, want...

And then I saw the other two boxes and realised - gotta be 20K.

Hate, hate, hate.

Testing - can you see these images people?

I'm Justin.

Prototype TT from Metronome. Rep said available within 2 years... long wait.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast