+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Munich High End Show 2019

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by sjs View Post
    Likewise, although it was the Vox Palladium and Vox Basso this year, rather than the Olympians. The room has used vintage era Kondo electronics each year I have visited.

The turntable was a Grand Prix Audio with three arms !!! Kuzma tonearm/cartridge and Viv Labs RF7" with Ortofon SPU Century or Royal GM MK II combinations
    I'm bored to hell with it, purely because of the music Kevin plays.

Every year I sit there and I try, but I just can't relate to it.

When I walk in and hear blaring techno or bass heavy electronic or even some decent rock at high volume, I'll crack open a bottle of champagne, but ONLY if the system is capable of it. I have my doubts...

I'm Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    I'm bored to hell with it, purely because of the music Kevin plays.

Every year I sit there and I try, but I just can't relate to it.

When I walk in and hear blaring techno or bass heavy electronic or even some decent rock at high volume, I'll crack open a bottle of champagne, but ONLY if the system is capable of it. I have my doubts...
    There are long spells of classical, piano and chamber music, but mainly because it is how he wants to display how natural the system is, but if you stick around I have often heard more processed stuff, including Bugge Wesseltoft and Massive Attack, as shown here:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxXH1LiA..._web_copy_link

It's a shame you didn't hear it like that this year, as the Basso seemed to me to be just the fruity side of neutral and was very entertaining.
    SJS Arcadia Line Level Pre-amplifiers, Headphone amps, MM Phono Stages and SET Power amps - service, repairs, upgrades.
    Designed and hand-built in England.

I'm Glen.

Thank you for this thread, excellent mate! Much appreciated.. No thoughts about the Wilson Benesch Turntable that Michael Fremer posted about on his YouTube channel? Interesting idea, but probably mega bucks!

I'm Justin.

@sjs

I don't think he should change his game as a result of what I think and I must say his wife has been friendly and informative in past years. He knows his market space better than I do.

But sticking around waiting for that rare excusrion into more varied genres is impossible when there's loads of other good rooms. At least, for me.

@glenann

WB turntable no comment. I watched the Fremer video too. I've decided I actually like him quite a bit, even though I am not an analogue man.

Thanks for the thread remarks. I have been a bit lazy this year and could have said a lot more. Can only apologise for that.

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    I have been a bit lazy this year and could have said a lot more. Can only apologise for that.
    Well I've enjoyed it Justin. Thanks for the time and effort you *have* taken.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415