+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Here we go again .....

I'm Mike.

Question Here we go again .....

I'm not really a new member, used to be called Datawireless back in 2013/2015, when I used to live in Horndean in Hampshire. A very long break indeed and two house moves as well. Still rebuilding the old turntables, but now also reel-to-reel tape decks and amplifiers. Something bugs me - why is it that no sooner have I completed a real beauty, be it just a turntable/tonearm/cartridge combination or a full system, somebody buys it off me ? And I'm always left only with my trusty test deck, a Rega Planar 3 with a rewired RB300 and ADC XLM Mk.III Improved ? I guess it must be because it's the only one that survives my house moves and inhospitable workshop conditions.

And another thing. Of the last 6 turntable systems I completed ALL were sold to buyers from abroad (2 to Germany, 2 to California and one each to Hong Kong and Singapore). Haven't our buyers got what it takes? Well, there will never be answers to some questions in life but I a happy that my ears are still serving me well and that vinyl is back in fashion with a vengeance.

So, to those of you who still remember me as 'Datawireless', greetings and to the real new members, welcome to a ferociously dedicated opinion makers and the analogue sound debating club. We are probably the last of the disappearing breed who can design,make and tune the analogue equipment everybody is buying.
    And Marco, can someone try to link this 'new' registration with my previous reincarnation as Datawireless. My avatar is there.

With my kindest regards to all,

Mike
    Last edited by Prof; 07-05-2019 at 12:26. Reason: text correction

I'm Martin.

Hi Mike

Not sure if we can link your new identity to your old one. You may be stuck like this
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Frank.

I remember the name.

Do you have any photos of what you've made?

Thanks

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Mike.

Is this you as "Datawireless"?:

We're all for people renovating/fettling vintage gear - keep up the good work!

Enjoy the Forum (again)
    Barry
    Barry

I'm Shane.

Howdy! Welcome to AOS.

Have fun.

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm Mike.

Yep,
    That's me all right. Not so young looking any more.

For your information I've found the way to my previous identity on AoS website. No more 'Prof' !!!

Regards,
    Mike

I'm Mike.

Thanks Shane,
    I remember the name although my memory isn't what it used to be.
    Also, I've now managed to reconnect with my 'datawireless' identity so I'll be moving there today.

Regards,
    Mike

I'm Mike.

Thanks Colombo,

I've found the way back to my original handle of 'datawireless' so I'm moving there today.
    I'll let you have some photos when I find them (old PC packed up, using some bloody tablet).

With regards,

Mike

+ Reply to Thread