+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Croft 'Unveiled'

I'm Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    The isolation platform does make a difference but its subtle.
    I've just bought some isolation cones, only one person to blame for that !!!

I'm James.

:lo
    Quote Originally Posted by IHP View Post
    I've just bought some isolation cones, only one person to blame for that !!!
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm John.

Lovely photos.
    The most recent upgrades Glenn did for me* were amazing, not only in sheer performance but also value for money.

* 1990's micro A to 2-box 25RS, with RIAA RS phono built in; 7R to 7R monos.

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by fiddlemaker View Post
    Lovely photos.
    The most recent upgrades Glenn did for me* were amazing, not only in sheer performance but also value for money.

* 1990's micro A to 2-box 25RS, with RIAA RS phono built in; 7R to 7R monos.
    I'm surprised there's any saving from converting an earlyish Micro to a 25RS, I would have thought building from scratch would be easier and no more expensive save maybe reusing a transformer or two.

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    I'm surprised there's any saving from converting an earlyish Micro to a 25RS, I would have thought building from scratch would be easier and no more expensive save maybe reusing a transformer or two.

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk
    Yes, well, there ya go.
    These are the amps that will see me out.

I'm Ian.

The isolation platform does make a difference but its subtle.
    Thought of our brief exchange the other day Jimbo ;-). I went the way of an isolation platform via a granite slab kitchen cutting board (Waitrose, obviously !) and the 4 albeit cheap ebony/brass tipped cones from ebay I mentioned above, and hey presto……

Last edited by IHP; 25-05-2019 at 16:46.

I'm James.

Thought of our brief exchange the other day Jimbo ;-). I went the way of an isolation platform via a granite slab kitchen cutting board (Waitrose, obviously !) and the 4 albeit cheap ebony/brass tipped cones from ebay I mentioned above, and hey presto……

Any improvement Ian?
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

I'm Ian.

Any improvement Ian?
    Honesty as always, I don't really think so - having said this, my motivation was it looking and feeling right, and I think it looks great ! It's not supporting my Croft pre btw, but the Radford. Plus, I always had the desire to integrate something from Waitrose into my system . In all seriousness though, I like the feeling that the amp. is sat on something nice and solid for under 30 quid.

I'm James.

Honesty as always, I don't really think so - having said this, my motivation was it looking and feeling right, and I think it looks great ! It's not supporting my Croft pre btw, but the Radford. Plus, I always had the desire to integrate something from Waitrose into my system . In all seriousness though, I like the feeling that the amp. is sat on something nice and solid for under 30 quid.

You can spend way more on dedicated amp isolation stands. I think my preamp roller shelf is over £1000!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345