+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Introducing .................................................

I'm Brad.

Default Introducing .................................................

Hi everyone, my name is Brad.

Recently retired so now have the time to indulge myself with musicness. I like all sorts of music and am not committed to any one particular type. Having said that I have no interest in electronic, techno or that really repetitive thumpy stuff that seems to be a ‘little bit’ popular these days.
    My first ‘proper’ system of about 40 years ago consisted of Sansui SR222 Mk2 turntable, NAD 3020a amp and a pair of Kef Celeste Mk IV speakers. I loved it. Had many, many changes in the years since.

Current system is – Origin Live Sovereign, Audiomods Series 6 tonearm, Origin Live Aladdin cartridge. Graham Slee Accession phono stage, DacGear LDR preamp/attenuator, Temple Audio Monoblocks (with super charger power supplies). Interconnects and tonearm cable from Yannis Tome.
    Digital is fed from home build Vortexbox via Voyage MPD mini server thing and an Audiophilleo 2. Then into an MHDT Stockholm DAC sporting a nice Bendix Redbank tube. Speakers are Spendor A6R.

Been a long time lurker of this forum but wanted to share some pics of the Audiomods arm, so here I am.

I'm Shane.

Howdy! Welcome to AOS.

Have fun.

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm Geoff.

Hello Brad. Welcome to AOS.

That's a nice system you've put together. If you have any future changes in mind, we'd like to hear about them.

Feel free to join in the fun and chat with everybody, it's a friendly place.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Matt.

Hi Brad, just wondering how you find the DACGEAR LDR Pre? I ask as I've recently ordered the DACGEAR LDR Pre Mk2 and I'm itching to know more about it. I can find no reviews of the DACGEAR LDR pre's anywhere.

Actually yours is the only reference I can find to the DACGEAR LDR anywhere apart from the manufacturers site so any impressions or information about your unit in general would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Matt

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Brad.

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Bit late, but hello and welcome.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Josie.

Hey Brad.

Welcome to AOS. You have a nice system there.

Enjoy the forum
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

+ Reply to Thread