+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Alchemist Kraken pre & power

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Ah yes - designed by Porsche for Siemens. My mistake - however I think it still looks vastly better than the Kraken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Dave.

Loads on info on this site. http://www.alchemisthifi.info/ranges..._amplifier.htm
    I still use my Kraken in my second system, old hammertone type. Looks and sound not for everyone, but good enough for me. I have seen some stack, the PSU on top, big no for me, never do that. I have added fin type legs to mine , looks in keeping with the gothic style. Using it with a Rega Saturn, and some FPS-F1 speakers together a great match.
    Kraken, Saturn, Emotion, Flying V Rocket, Planets.

I'm Andrew.

Phono/rca sockets replaced .
    This sounds very sweet indeed, though the Krell still whoops its arse with its truck load of power .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    I sold that to Shane, was an original Kraken in the green Hammerite paint. Lovely little amp, sweet sounding. I changed the power supply caps but other than that it was all original. Good quality parts used too.
    I remember you bringing that to NEBO Ali. It was bloody great.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Aye sounded good didn’t it?

Always thought if Dracula were to have a sound system, it would have looked like that.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234