Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: The New Adventures of the ElectroNumpty DCB1

I'm AndyElectroNumpty.

into these Speaker cable to go !

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    At the cutting edge of Numptyness!

Bigman80 Guest

Andy,

They look fantastic. I am really pleased that you've gone from electronumpty to preamp builder and now made your own cables.

Well done sir!

Bigman80 Guest

Stick a set of these On or similar obviously and hide that join.

10Pcs Carbon Fiber Pants Boot Y Splitter 1 To 2 Speaker Audio Cable Wire Pant https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01N2NJ3..._BaMbDb0BSVTJX

I'm AndyElectroNumpty.

Thanks , will have a look at the splitters!

I'm AndyElectroNumpty.

Did the hard thing first (pre amp) and the cables after lol. Typical arse about faceness Used the last of my Valab furukawa hook up cable for them . one side down 1 run to go.

I'm AndyElectroNumpty.

Oh for anyone wondering the yellow red and black thin wires are for the sub woofer hook up.

I'm AndyElectroNumpty.

Ok An update so far

This is sounding very sweet, rhythmic* bass , natural sounding treble and a very clean presentation. it sounds great through the FB monos and Celestions. But really shows what it is capable of through my Hifiman headphones which are more detailed in presentation than my speakers. So really happy with thing as they have progressed so far

However in my aimless wandering through the forum I have discovered deep in the darkest recesses of AOS a thread titled "Foo Caps", after perusing said thread I had a flurry of email between myself and Simon of SJS.

This resulted in my purchasing 2 of the fooest caps known to man... At under half price of retail (used) it seemed worth a try so I have a couple of these to fit!

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by smangus View Post
    Ok An update so far

This is sounding very sweet, rhythmic* bass , natural sounding treble and a very clean presentation. it sounds great through the FB monos and Celestions. But really shows what it is capable of through my Hifiman headphones which are more detailed in presentation than my speakers. So really happy with thing as they have progressed so far

However in my aimless wandering through the forum I have discovered deep in the darkest recesses of AOS a thread titled "Foo Caps", after perusing said thread I had a flurry of email between myself and Simon of SJS.

This resulted in my purchasing 2 of the fooest caps known to man... At under half price of retail (used) it seemed worth a try so I have a couple of these to fit!

You'll have to keep us updated. Foo or not, swapping capacitors Is something I have had great results from.

I'm AndyElectroNumpty.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    You'll have to keep us updated. Foo or not, swapping capacitors Is something I have had great results from.
    Course I will , trying to manage my expectations though - unsuccessfully so far

They are very heavy for their size though, feel quality. Everything I have read about them says they are very detailed in presentation but with slightly less bass. So I'll see.

I'm AndyElectroNumpty.

Been busy today with these , as they are used the leads have been cut and are a bit short. So I had solder on some wire extensions to fit them on the board

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast