+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Into the Voyd and back again

I'm Nari.

[QUOTE=GJO;1086054]
    Quote Originally Posted by Vrajbasi View Post

Ah yes I guess it would have been Ellis,he was pretty useless,watching him trying to fit the two belts was comical,it would have been about the same time as the monster EAR pre,from memory it was a blingy gold colour.I used 519s with my H2's and did try an EAR 802 to replace my PS audio 4.6,but settled on a Finestra as it had a better phono stage.

I think my Voyd was used in the Hi Fi answers review as it had loads of sticky bits of foil added by the reviewer.
    Ellis in reality ruined my voyd bless him, I had to get a replacement from guy adams at the time. The blingy ear g52 and g 88 were in a different class to what ear do today.

The sticky bits were the peter belt creations I remember them well. Hifi was so much more fun back then and more people could aspire to good kit, now one has to be so much more careful with lots of very expensive items that do not quite cut the mustard.

I liked the finestra I had one for a while until it went wrong and ended up using a counterpoint sa11 and sa9 phono they were lovely. Nice to see you are using a conti Basis I had quite a few of those over the years starting with a early lead plattered debut gold which sounded much nicer than the later brass version.
    Most important and used Walker Black Diamond Etsuro Gold, Micro Seiki 8000mk2 Kondo special V12 Tiger Eye, Fidelity Research FR 66 Shindo spu, EMT 927, sme 312 aluminium. Fidelity research fr66, Sme 3012 mk1, Sme V, Ikeda 407 IT Sme Model 30/2/Dynavector 507 Kodo Beat Turntable Airtangent 10B modified Fidelity fr66s Etsuro Cartridge . Kondo Gakuoh Mk1 powers G70 Pre,Audio Tekne TFA-8695PCS pre Audio Tekne TEA 8695 Phono. Lfd Battery Phono Stage heavily custom rebuilt by Dr Richard Bews, Tharx Phono Stage. Lfd Master Dual Biamp power amp, Lfd Anniversary master preamp. Shindo Latour Field Coil. Rockport Cygnus Biamped, Voigt Domestic Corner Horns/ Feastex Fildcoils. LFD Custom silver Ribbons. LFD Diamond Vipor Mk2 interconnects, Lfd Golden Cobra interconnect. Koetsu blue lace mono special order, Koetsu burma jade mono special order.

I'm Neil.

[QUOTE=Vrajbasi;1086126]
    Quote Originally Posted by GJO View Post

Ellis in reality ruined my voyd bless him, I had to get a replacement from guy adams at the time. The blingy ear g52 and g 88 were in a different class to what ear do today.

The sticky bits were the peter belt creations I remember them well. Hifi was so much more fun back then and more people could aspire to good kit, now one has to be so much more careful with lots of very expensive items that do not quite cut the mustard.

I liked the finestra I had one for a while until it went wrong and ended up using a counterpoint sa11 and sa9 phono they were lovely. Nice to see you are using a conti Basis I had quite a few of those over the years starting with a early lead plattered debut gold which sounded much nicer than the later brass version.
    EC Audio, I still use a Pandoras Box, I find hooking a PC into it helps the sound re using a PC as a source.
    Regards Neil

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

[QUOTE=Vrajbasi;1086125]
    Quote Originally Posted by chris@panteg View Post

I would love to see that issue I heard the system and it was pretty interesting back then, what turntable was he using that time? I heard it with the rock reference and previously a voyd reference.
    He had a Voyd + with the lexan platter and ref bearing, interestingly the psu looks identical to the one I've just bought, which has just arrived, going to remove my 309 later.
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

I'm Nari.

[QUOTE=chris@panteg;1086184]
    Quote Originally Posted by Vrajbasi View Post

He had a Voyd + with the lexan platter and ref bearing, interestingly the psu looks identical to the one I've just bought, which has just arrived, going to remove my 309 later.
    He later had a reference Voyd and then a Townshend rock reference with mission Mechanic tonearm
    Most important and used Walker Black Diamond Etsuro Gold, Micro Seiki 8000mk2 Kondo special V12 Tiger Eye, Fidelity Research FR 66 Shindo spu, EMT 927, sme 312 aluminium. Fidelity research fr66, Sme 3012 mk1, Sme V, Ikeda 407 IT Sme Model 30/2/Dynavector 507 Kodo Beat Turntable Airtangent 10B modified Fidelity fr66s Etsuro Cartridge . Kondo Gakuoh Mk1 powers G70 Pre,Audio Tekne TFA-8695PCS pre Audio Tekne TEA 8695 Phono. Lfd Battery Phono Stage heavily custom rebuilt by Dr Richard Bews, Tharx Phono Stage. Lfd Master Dual Biamp power amp, Lfd Anniversary master preamp. Shindo Latour Field Coil. Rockport Cygnus Biamped, Voigt Domestic Corner Horns/ Feastex Fildcoils. LFD Custom silver Ribbons. LFD Diamond Vipor Mk2 interconnects, Lfd Golden Cobra interconnect. Koetsu blue lace mono special order, Koetsu burma jade mono special order.

I'm Chris.

A quick update about my Voyd, sadly it doesn't work at 45 or 33 after communication with the seller, it has to go back alas.
    I think the problem is that the psu needs a major service, but the seller did list it as in good working order.
    Chris

I'm Carsten.

Damm...Maybe you can convince Henrik to have SJS Acoustics in UK look at your PSU (at his expense off course).

SJS Acoustics did a rebuild of my Voyd PSU - great job.
    English is not my native language, so any grammar & spelling errors is due to my crappy Smartphone..

Speakers: Franco Serblin Accordo.
    Amp: Yamaha A-S2100.
    Turntable 1: Sony TTS-8000 in a TB-2000 plinth with:
    Tonearm 1: Helius Phaedra & Benz LP-S.
    Tonearm 2: Reed 2A & ?
    Turntable 2: Garrard 401, Jelco SA-750E & Shelter 501 classic.
    Phonostage: Modwright PH 9.0 w. US Amperex 7308.
    Step-up: Allnic AUT-2000.
    Head-amp: GS Elevator EXP.
    Cables: AN Qssc, Belden 8402 & Audience au24.

http://www.discogs.com/user/Nonnegativ

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Nonnegativ View Post
    Damm...Maybe you can convince Henrik to have SJS Acoustics in UK look at your PSU (at his expense off course).

SJS Acoustics did a rebuild of my Voyd PSU - great job.
    I think your confused I purchased mine from Henrik, the other chap got his from someone else in UK I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Chris.

A further update, have now agreed with the seller a partial refund and I will keep the Voyd and I am going to ask Simon to give it a service, a good friend of mine also has a Voyd with a refurbished psu, he's bringing it round tomorrow to test it out on mine, I think it's just the psu that needs attention as the motors seem fine, they haven't seized up.
    Chris

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by chris@panteg View Post
    A further update, have now agreed with the seller a partial refund and I will keep the Voyd and I am going to ask Simon to give it a service, a good friend of mine also has a Voyd with a refurbished psu, he's bringing it round tomorrow to test it out on mine, I think it's just the psu that needs attention as the motors seem fine, they haven't seized up.
    Keep us up to date Chris and good luck, I’m sure your get it sorted.

Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    Keep us up to date Chris and good luck, I’m sure your get it sorted.

Thanks very much, yes I will, to be honest I expected that this might be the case, I was a bit dubious that it could be in good working order after 30 years with no service? I think the seller just doesn't know much about these decks, he's admitted as much, I'm determined to get it running and to enjoy playing some vinyl on it.
    Chris

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast