+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Into the Voyd and back again

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by take5 View Post
    I owned a 3 motor Voyd about 6 years ago. It came to me with an SME 5 on it.

Guy S. was also helpful to me in getting it up and running.

It sounded fantastic and was probably my favourite of all the many turntables I had during that period.

I hope you enjoy your new Voyd. It is a really great turntable.
    Thanks Brian, very kind off you.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Nonnegativ View Post
    From a local perspective I can only agree in your assessment of Henrik. He is the owner of the distribution company exoticaudio.dk and and sells through lydprodukter.dk. A glance at the products he offers shows an excellent taste and I have newer heard anything negative about him (except that it is expensive stuff..). If he is positive towards a tonearm he doesn't import and sells it sure means something.

No affirmation etc.
    Yes Henrik is a great chap, a true gentleman.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral Morn View Post
    Nari always interesting to read your insights, a lot you say isn't common knowledge.
    I completely agree, Nari has been extremely helpful in advising me in my turntable choice, even though we have never met he went out of his way to answer of my questions, he has a vast experience of a lot of audio equipment. He and our mutual friend, Mik, both gave me invaluable advice, they listened to what I hoped to achieve within my limited budget and gave me honest opinions. Their time and effort assisting me is very much appreciated by me.

Thank You Nari & Mik

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

Adrian, the Voyd will give you many years of pleasure, hope you enjoy it.
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

I'm Nari.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    I completely agree, Nari has been extremely helpful in advising me in my turntable choice, even though we have never met he went out of his way to answer of my questions, he has a vast experience of a lot of audio equipment. He and our mutual friend, Mik, both gave me invaluable advice, they listened to what I hoped to achieve within my limited budget and gave me honest opinions. Their time and effort assisting me is very much appreciated by me.

Thank You Nari & Mik
    Thank you for the kind words, I have spent years listening and playing around with Kit alot of would never ever have been possible without Mik, he has extensive knowledge and access to some of the finest and rarest turntables, tonearms and cartridges available and continues the quest. I visited him recently and and as always am shocked to what he comes up with.

I am sure you will have many years of musical pleasure from the Voyd, maybe only experimenting with tonearms and cartridges. I actually like the Sme arm on the Voyd so you might never wish to change but its hard for any of us to stay sill once we have the bug.

I listened to a Voyd Reference last night and again its a big leap forward with its three huge papst motors, you feel a sense of scale and dynamics that many decks lack, tonearm was with a Graham Phantom elite and a Etsuro Bordeaux and it was very enjoyable indeed. It shows that the Voyd designs continue to engage listeners and in many ways are quite unique in there presentation.
    Most important and used Walker Black Diamond Etsuro Gold, Micro Seiki 8000mk2 Kondo special V12 Tiger Eye, Fidelity Research FR 66 Shindo spu, EMT 927, sme 312 aluminium. Fidelity research fr66, Sme 3012 mk1, Sme V, Ikeda 407 IT Sme Model 30/2/Dynavector 507 Kodo Beat Turntable Airtangent 10B modified Fidelity fr66s Etsuro Cartridge . Kondo Gakuoh Mk1 powers G70 Pre,Audio Tekne TFA-8695PCS pre Audio Tekne TEA 8695 Phono. Lfd Battery Phono Stage heavily custom rebuilt by Dr Richard Bews, Tharx Phono Stage. Lfd Master Dual Biamp power amp, Lfd Anniversary master preamp. Shindo Latour Field Coil. Rockport Cygnus Biamped, Voigt Domestic Corner Horns/ Feastex Fildcoils. LFD Custom silver Ribbons. LFD Diamond Vipor Mk2 interconnects, Lfd Golden Cobra interconnect. Koetsu blue lace mono special order, Koetsu burma jade mono special order.

I'm David.

Adrian,

If you fancy trying a Helius Orion Mk1 on your Voyd let me know - I have one sitting on a shelf here that I bought to use with my Io Ltd but haven't tried yet as I ended up using the Io with my FR64fx instead. Way back when the Voyd and Orion were a classic match, generally with an Io of some sort.

David Whistance

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by dwhistance View Post
    Adrian,

If you fancy trying a Helius Orion Mk1 on your Voyd let me know - I have one sitting on a shelf here that I bought to use with my Io Ltd but haven't tried yet as I ended up using the Io with my FR64fx instead. Way back when the Voyd and Orion were a classic match, generally with an Io of some sort.

David Whistance
    PM sent

I'm Adrian.

Well a quick update, I decided to check the the deck/platter was spot on level, and that I had the arm just right.

I am using a temporary arm board at the moment and it was very hard to get it right, I used a protractor and worked out I was 1.5mm out on the measurement from spindle to centre of arm pivot, so I adjust and re-checked. The platter was slightly off level and after 10 minutes had it spot on, which I checked again when I placed it back on its shelf.

So I put on some music and the result is even more openness and detail. Classical music in particular has come to life, and May Blitz sounded astounding, each note from the bass and guitar were clear, detailed and precise, an amazing turntable.

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    Well a quick update, I decided to check the the deck/platter was spot on level, and that I had the arm just right.

I am using a temporary arm board at the moment and it was very hard to get it right, I used a protractor and worked out I was 1.5mm out on the measurement from spindle to centre of arm pivot, so I adjust and re-checked. The platter was slightly off level and after 10 minutes had it spot on, which I checked again when I placed it back on its shelf.

So I put on some music and the result is even more openness and detail. Classical music in particular has come to life, and May Blitz sounded astounding, each note from the bass and guitar were clear, detailed and precise, an amazing turntable.
    Well done, care in set up is worthwhile, I should be getting my Voyd tomorrow, looking forward to it.
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

I'm Nari.

Quote Originally Posted by chris@panteg View Post
    Well done, care in set up is worthwhile, I should be getting my Voyd tomorrow, looking forward to it.
    Look forward to the update, what generation of voyd are you getting there are sonic differences for sure and no two sounded identical, I liked the nextel top plate version the best with the smaller boxed psu this was quite a late version others preferred the vibrant sounding early versions. Which version are you getting.

The Voyd references had even bigger differences between versions different motors and big differences in psu,s also spring tensions. There is also a rare two box psu version out there some where it was quite a beast, then we have the audio note variants.
    Most important and used Walker Black Diamond Etsuro Gold, Micro Seiki 8000mk2 Kondo special V12 Tiger Eye, Fidelity Research FR 66 Shindo spu, EMT 927, sme 312 aluminium. Fidelity research fr66, Sme 3012 mk1, Sme V, Ikeda 407 IT Sme Model 30/2/Dynavector 507 Kodo Beat Turntable Airtangent 10B modified Fidelity fr66s Etsuro Cartridge . Kondo Gakuoh Mk1 powers G70 Pre,Audio Tekne TFA-8695PCS pre Audio Tekne TEA 8695 Phono. Lfd Battery Phono Stage heavily custom rebuilt by Dr Richard Bews, Tharx Phono Stage. Lfd Master Dual Biamp power amp, Lfd Anniversary master preamp. Shindo Latour Field Coil. Rockport Cygnus Biamped, Voigt Domestic Corner Horns/ Feastex Fildcoils. LFD Custom silver Ribbons. LFD Diamond Vipor Mk2 interconnects, Lfd Golden Cobra interconnect. Koetsu blue lace mono special order, Koetsu burma jade mono special order.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast