+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast

Thread: Into the Voyd and back again

I'm jagtar.

Hi Chris
    The Audio Note Arm 3 MK2 is a good performer and I owned one for a while, I was happy with it with an IO-2 cartridge that I sold to a fellow AOS member as well as other things so seemed to be a reasonably good combination but I was not 100% happy when comparing it to late Zeta that had been silver rewired and checked over by Audio Origami. I also tried the oter arms in my collection like the later Mission Mechanic's as one has Ikeda silver wiring and the other has Helius silver wiring and I felt the Mission Mechanic arms just edged the Zeta and all 3 edged the Audio Note Arm 3 MK2.

This was on a well set up Voyd regular 3 motor version so all tested on my system which is Voyd/Zeta/Mission Mechanic/IO-2/AN SU9 SUT/AN-M8 Phono/AN-P4 Balanced or Living Voice Argento/AN-E SEC Sig and Sogon wiring as well as AN-SOOTTO interconnects. I think the personal preference factor plays a major role in what one likes in the reproduction of music and I believe that we all have varying sensitivity to the spectrum of sound as well as the loudness levels. I have other arms in the collection but the IO-2 was a tad too heavy in my Bruer Type 5a even with a heavier counterweight.

I know what you mean about obsession and or possession, both play a role in most audio equipment but I am actually trying to thin down the gear I do not use, mainly the large bulky items as the kids want to access all the rooms in the house now because they are growing up so quickly so it makes sense to sell off unused bits and bobs and save the money for other things like their education. I am dreading trying to organise all the vinyl LP's and CD's etc as well as sealed cassette tapes, this serious hobby does take over a bit

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

Hi Jag
    Thanks for the reply, that is very interesting and I agree about personal preferences, to be honest I have the SME V simply because of an opportunity I couldn't refuse, I never really intended to own one, the price has become prohibitive, so it's just pure luck that I knew someone who was happy to part ex my 309 and I got a fantastic deal.

Thing is I've only heard it with the AT33EV so far so my intention is to try another cartridge before I do anything else, and I think it's going to be the Hana SL or ML and see how it goes.
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

I'm Martin.

For all us Voyd users there is an interesting AN arm on the 'bay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audio-Not...53.m1438.l2649
    Lumley Heliosphere Audiomods 5
    Voyd Valdi AN Arm 1 V2 and Denon MC
    Audiomeca Talisman Highly Modded
    Audiomeca Kreatura &,SW1X DAC1
    Hovland HP200 MC
    Hovland Radia
    Ming Da 805 monos
    Magnum Dynalab Etude, RWA Cassabria + LCD 3
    Wilson Benesch Actors
    Cables by Cardas, Hovland G3 and Yter

I'm Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by ovlov854 View Post
    For all us Voyd users there is an interesting AN arm on the 'bay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audio-Not...53.m1438.l2649
    It is also on AoS, for less
    https://theartofsound.net/forum/show...80#post1151880

Open to offers if it avoids eBay
    SJS Arcadia Line Level Pre-amplifiers, Headphone amps, MM Phono Stages and SET Power amps - service, repairs, upgrades.
    Designed and hand-built in England.

I'm Chris.

Hi Simon, are you using the Audionote arm 3 now?
    Chris

I'm Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by chris@panteg View Post
    Hi Simon, are you using the Audionote arm 3 now?
    I have an Audio Note Arm 1-3 V2 with Ortofon MC70 Anniversary on the Ref, and an FR-64S with an AN UK IO 1 on the 0.5 Ref at the moment.

I would like to try a Kuzma 4Point 9 in the near future and have an arm board on it's way at the moment.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    SJS Arcadia Line Level Pre-amplifiers, Headphone amps, MM Phono Stages and SET Power amps - service, repairs, upgrades.
    Designed and hand-built in England.

I'm Martin.

Can anyone suggest a suitable oil to use to replenish/replace the oil in the bearing of my Voyd Valdi?
    Also getting a faint but audible tick from one or both of the motors. I have tried a little silicone spray which has improved things a little.
    Any ideas?
    Lumley Heliosphere Audiomods 5
    Voyd Valdi AN Arm 1 V2 and Denon MC
    Audiomeca Talisman Highly Modded
    Audiomeca Kreatura &,SW1X DAC1
    Hovland HP200 MC
    Hovland Radia
    Ming Da 805 monos
    Magnum Dynalab Etude, RWA Cassabria + LCD 3
    Wilson Benesch Actors
    Cables by Cardas, Hovland G3 and Yter

I'm Adrian.

The tick is due to one of the motor bearing adjusters needing slightly tightening or replacing. Believe or not they are the old style plastic number plate bolts, do not over tighten.

There is a great anti friction oil I will look into p tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Carl.

I’ve got a bit of a ‘pop’ through my amp when I switch my Voyd on (the switch on the TT, not the PSU). Any ideas how to fix it? I was thinking about a cap across the switch but have no idea what cap and couldn’t really fathom the switch. Any ideas folks?

Nice pic just for the thread

I'm Chris.

I get that, all Voyds have this issue with either the switch or the psu switch, Simon is probably the best to ask.
    Chris

+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast