+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Into the Voyd and back again

I'm Nari.

Quote Originally Posted by sjs View Post
    I recall it generally adds more solidity and tightens things up, but can detract a little from the verve and musicality. It will depend on the system and your preferences, but yes it is definitely a faff!
    Two belts generally have more control and slam I prefer the ease and flow of the single belt.
    Most important and used Walker Black Diamond Etsuro Gold, Micro Seiki 8000mk2 Kondo special V12 Tiger Eye, Fidelity Research FR 66 Shindo spu, EMT 927, sme 312 aluminium. Fidelity research fr66, Sme 3012 mk1, Sme V, Ikeda 407 IT Sme Model 30/2/Dynavector 507 Kodo Beat Turntable Airtangent 10B modified Fidelity fr66s Etsuro Cartridge . Kondo Gakuoh Mk1 powers G70 Pre,Audio Tekne TFA-8695PCS pre Audio Tekne TEA 8695 Phono. Lfd Battery Phono Stage heavily custom rebuilt by Dr Richard Bews, Tharx Phono Stage. Lfd Master Dual Biamp power amp, Lfd Anniversary master preamp. Shindo Latour Field Coil. Rockport Cygnus Biamped, Voigt Domestic Corner Horns/ Feastex Fildcoils. LFD Custom silver Ribbons. LFD Diamond Vipor Mk2 interconnects, Lfd Golden Cobra interconnect. Koetsu blue lace mono special order, Koetsu burma jade mono special order.

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Vrajbasi View Post
    I totally agree adrian with your findings,and not always the most expensive are the best, but there is most certainly big differences to be had in my opinion the very good ones are just like changing a component.
    I hear you have been trying out my recommendation of sorbothane feet. I presume you noticed a difference. But was it for the better, I mean to not having any at all.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Simon.

I found out only recently that AN Voyd Reference decks would be supplied with 9.5mm thick "reference" arm boards.

Obviously they add mass, but also remove the need for the brass spacers under the arm board.

Anyway, I had one made in 10mm aluminium with black powder coat finish and replaced the regular board on the FR64fx, and it does seem to have grown some big boots, improved clarity and bass definition. Quite an interesting change overall.

SJS Arcadia Line Level Pre-amplifiers, Headphone amps, MM Phono Stages and SET Power amps - service, repairs, upgrades.
    Designed and hand-built in England.

I'm David.

Hi Simon, now you need to try a brass one! Nari (Vjrbasi) suggested I try a brass armboard for my FR64fx which works very well. Also do you have the heavy mount (N60) on yours? I've been thinking of asking Steve (Magna Audio) to make me one as it's supposed to make the arm even better. All the best. David

I'm Simon.

David,
    I have the standard arm base for the FR64fx, and with the 10mm arm board (90g) I can still balance out the Voyd suspension, I am not sure if the extra mass of the N60 can be accomodated.
    I also have an FR64s which will be next up, but I don't expect I will be able to use the heavier arm board with that as I hear that it is only just possible to balance the Voyd suspension with the S fitted, but we will find out soon enough
    Brass could be interesting, I saw the thread from Steve, it looks very nice. I went for aluminium to keep the same material as the originals, and the same as the whole sub-chassis etc. Simon
    SJS Arcadia Line Level Pre-amplifiers, Headphone amps, MM Phono Stages and SET Power amps - service, repairs, upgrades.
    Designed and hand-built in England.

I'm Deleted.

Yes, I would beware of adding mass for the sake of it, it is more important that you get the suspension dynamic right. There is quite a lot of 'folklore' regarding armboard materials.
    Account Deleted

I'm Neil.

The Track Audio feet work very well. I have tried the spike version and the non spike version, both work well, but the lower height non spike version sound better and look better when used under a turntable.
    Regards Neil

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

I don't think I'll be doing any experimenting or tweaking with my Voyd, just set up and ready to go.
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

I'm Nari.

I use a brass arm board on my Voyd reference it works very well its 6mm I have a 8mm one too but like the 6mm, I am getting a ebony one machined soon so lets see, I never liked the aluminium arms boards I have quite a few of varying thicknesses. I find the finishing of the boards also makes a difference for some reason, powder coating is a bit sterile and naked sound a bit brash, I like gold plating for some reason soften the sound and keeps the sense of scale.
    Most important and used Walker Black Diamond Etsuro Gold, Micro Seiki 8000mk2 Kondo special V12 Tiger Eye, Fidelity Research FR 66 Shindo spu, EMT 927, sme 312 aluminium. Fidelity research fr66, Sme 3012 mk1, Sme V, Ikeda 407 IT Sme Model 30/2/Dynavector 507 Kodo Beat Turntable Airtangent 10B modified Fidelity fr66s Etsuro Cartridge . Kondo Gakuoh Mk1 powers G70 Pre,Audio Tekne TFA-8695PCS pre Audio Tekne TEA 8695 Phono. Lfd Battery Phono Stage heavily custom rebuilt by Dr Richard Bews, Tharx Phono Stage. Lfd Master Dual Biamp power amp, Lfd Anniversary master preamp. Shindo Latour Field Coil. Rockport Cygnus Biamped, Voigt Domestic Corner Horns/ Feastex Fildcoils. LFD Custom silver Ribbons. LFD Diamond Vipor Mk2 interconnects, Lfd Golden Cobra interconnect. Koetsu blue lace mono special order, Koetsu burma jade mono special order.

I'm Adrian.

Strange how when you look for something they are not to be found and then all of sudden they pop up all over the place.

If anyone is interested I have been told of I very nice Audio Note Voyd TT3 with Split PSU made Feb 2000 that's for sale, basically its a Voyd. It has what looks like an Audio Note One arm and Audio Note ANVx 31 strand silver phono lead. The owner has sent me pictures and the whole lot looks in superb condition. If you are interested I can put you in touch with the owner.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast