+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Into the Voyd and back again

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    I cannot remember if the valdi is 1 2 or 3 motor drive but I used this method on 3 motor drive Voyd. Get small Allen keys or similar, you need one for each motor.

Put platter on soft cloth upside down, fit drive belt on inner ring of platter. At a motor point catch the rubber belt with short length of Allen key pull it to the out edge stretching band and then using cello tape fix the Allen key in positioning keeping the band hard against outer edge. Note I found wrapping the Allen key tightly with insulation tape gave the cellotape something to grip.

Once all points done for each motor pulley carefully lift platter into position and then one by one release the Allen keys and remove the cellotape, when doing this try to not move the platter.

Once you have done it a few times it will be easy.

Right have now got the belt on a few time but keeps slipping off.....keep trying!!
    Lumley Heliosphere Audiomods 5
    Voyd Valdi AN Arm 1 V2 and Denon MC
    Audiomeca Talisman Highly Modded
    Audiomeca Kreatura &,SW1X DAC1
    Hovland HP200 MC
    Hovland Radia
    Ming Da 805 monos
    Magnum Dynalab Etude, RWA Cassabria + LCD 3
    Wilson Benesch Actors
    Cables by Cardas, Hovland G3 and Yter

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by ovlov854 View Post

Right have now got the belt on a few time but keeps slipping off.....keep trying!!
    OK if this is the original belt or is old then it has probably stretched and you need to purchase a new one. https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_f...+belt&_sacat=0

I have a 3 motor drive Voyd and the belt thickness for it was critical to ensure the speed was correct for mine it needed to be 0.5mm thick apart from the correct length, one of the above should be good. By the way they do not like being left sitting for months on end, 6 months or more and they will start to deform, best to use it at least every other week, or if not in use for a long period take the belt of the spindle(s).

By the way best to use thin nitrile gloves or similar when handling the belt to stop grease from you hands getting on it, or it might slip.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

Belt must be stretched, new belt required.
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by chris@panteg View Post
    Belt must be stretched, new belt required.
    Or two motor spindles have dirt on them, same with the platter. Clean with isopropyl alcohol. If that doesn’t work then yes its the belt, try cleaning it and if that fails then new belt needed. Voyd supplied a metal rod belt fitter as I recall. I had a Valdi, wish I had never sold it.
    Regards Neil

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

Yes, it's well worth cleaning the motor spindles, I made the belt fitting tool myself out of a bit of coat hanger wire from a template.

Works a treat.
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

I'm Martin.

Hey Guys.....we have limited liftoff. Got the new belt to stay on using rubber bands to hold belt.
    It turns and stays on. now to check playing weight and carefully move it into position.
    Watch this space
    Hovland HP200 MC
    Hovland Radia
    Ming Da 805 monos
    Wilson Benesch Actors

I'm Adrian.

Hey Guys.....we have limited liftoff. Got the new belt to stay on using rubber bands to hold belt.
    It turns and stays on. now to check playing weight and carefully move it into position.
    Watch this space
    That's great news, keep us posted once you have had a listen.

By the way it pays to take your time and ensure the platter is dead level. This can be tricky to do but once set up I found remains stable. I got two 4" by 4" lengths of wood and placed them on a dead level table and then placed the Voyd on them so that I could get to the level adjustment screws with a short screwdriver. I used a small accurate spirit bubble placed on the platter to check it. Once levelled then I carefully moved the TT to where it was to sit. You could do this process where the TT is going to sit using the 4" by 4" wood blocks and then lift the plinth and get someone else to remove them, then carefully lower the TT down.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Martin.

Thanks for that info
    Well here it is ......set up but not yet on the rack..............

Watch this space
    Hovland HP200 MC
    Hovland Radia
    Ming Da 805 monos
    Wilson Benesch Actors

I'm Martin.

Well its now up and running and sounds OK so far but somewhat different to the LP12 but it would wouldn't it?

My grateful thanks to all that gave advice on this somewhat idiosyncratic deck
    Hovland HP200 MC
    Hovland Radia
    Ming Da 805 monos
    Wilson Benesch Actors

I'm Francois.

Thanks for that info
    Well here it is ......set up but not yet on the rack..............

Watch this space
    Very very tasty!
    I would love to hear it in action!
    Always wondered about multiple motors TT...

Enjoy!
    Francois, Bergerac, France
    Source component/s:
    Musical Fidelity M1 Dac, Allo Digi One, Sony SCD-XE800, AVID Ingenium Twin arm, Audio Note Arm One, Groovemaster II 12in, Audio Note IQ3 MM, Denon DL103R MC, Croft Basic 25, TQ Iridium Phonostage, Puresound T10 Stepup Transformer, Zavfino majestic tonearm cable
    Amplification:
    Audio Note OTO PP, Dussun V6i
    Loudspeakers:
    Triangle Comete ES, Klispch RP600M
    Cables/stands:
    Quadraspire, Belden 9497

+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast